Lancaster Bomber spotted on Google Earth

If the above attachment didn't work, go to the Google Earth web site, type in the co-ords below in the search area then zoom in.

52 d 20' 10.97"N, 0 d 11' 43.38"W

Didn't work for me either.

Is it in America?

try

"Huntingdon bomber" lat=52.336279629, lon=-0.195611965733

Apolgies for you not being able to find it fellas but, the co-ords are correct. There's a railway line running north south just west of Huntingdon. It's positioned just west of the railway line and east of the A14 above the houses in the large village. Very hard to spot. Best I can do.

I've just clicked on it, and its opened up google earth complete with a pic of a lancaster above some houses.

...Here...Just click on the Headed writing...It does open if you have google earth installed on your PC. :wink:

Attachments

I opened it and it was over Dresden!

I got it by placing a map pin in a random spot and changing the coords to the one in the original message, giving it a random title. Worked well and gave me something exciting to do in what so far has been a sh1te day. Many thanks for the hours of fruitful spotting that went into it!

The-Daddy said:
Well I used to be a gunner - we only needed the grid square!
Just the grid square Daddy? You'll get people calling us drop shorts with accuracy like that! Unless of course you was MLRS.