Lancaster Bomber spotted on Google Earth

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Sheiky_Boy, Oct 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lancaster Bomber spotted on Google Earth

Attached Files:

2. If the above attachment didn't work, go to the Google Earth web site, type in the co-ords below in the search area then zoom in.

52 d 20' 10.97"N, 0 d 11' 43.38"W

3. Your search for 52 d 20' 10.97"N, 0 d 11' 43.38"W around this map area did not match any locations.

4. Did you copy & paste the co-ords? I just tested it & it worked.

5. yeah

didnt work

6. Didn't work for me either.

Is it in America?

7. No England, near Huntingdon in flight. Will try and find exact location if this doesn't work.

8. Looks like it is on a display flight near Alconbury, formerly an RAF Base, and USAF Base.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Alconbury

9. try

"Huntingdon bomber" lat=52.336279629, lon=-0.195611965733

10. Apolgies for you not being able to find it fellas but, the co-ords are correct. There's a railway line running north south just west of Huntingdon. It's positioned just west of the railway line and east of the A14 above the houses in the large village. Very hard to spot. Best I can do.

11. The 1st place is in the US and the 2nd a field in East Anglia

Waste of bloody time

12. I've just clicked on it, and its opened up google earth complete with a pic of a lancaster above some houses.

13. worked for me. double click on the kmz link. htf did someone find that?

14. Thank you Phantom. Think The Daddy was an officer!

15. ...Here...Just click on the Headed writing...It does open if you have google earth installed on your PC. :wink:

Attached Files: