Laminators

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Dr_Evil, Dec 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been looking into the somewhat intimidating world of laminating machines. Seems the boffins have created two types: hot and cold. Anyone know which is better? I'd rather ask fellow arrsers than buy What Laminator? monthly.

(Hot: stick document into a pouch thing which the machine heats up to form a seal; Cold: stick document into machine which sandwiches it between two sticky layers of clear plastic)

2. I had to look into this when I was managing a project that isn't interesting enough to describe. To save you from looking through 'Laminators and Laminating' magazine, my experience was this:

If your budget will stand it, go for a hot one with the film on double rollers to accommodate width up to A0 and infinite length - not pockets.

Otherwise go for the hot pocket one. Forget the cold type. Try to think ahead and envisage your future needs.

Hope this helps.

3. It does! Thanks for resolving my dilemma so quickly. I can now rest easy and enjoy the festive season.

4. Surely you'll be planning your next nefarious attempt at world domination? :lol:

5. Damn right.

*whispers*

I have created an anti-fembot robot called the Laminator, which I will send back through time to destroy Jean-Paul Gaultier before he started ripping off my fashion ideas and hairstyle.

Mua!

Muahaha!

Muahahahahahahahahahahaha!

PS Not that I have anything against women, by the way. It's just fembots and their accursed exploding boobs that get my goat.

6. A girl at work has got an A4 hot laminator. A rather plain girl...Now vey popular 'coz she can laminate all your important bits and chits etc; she charges a pound to put your thing in to her hot slot. :twisted:

Don't know what she charges for using the laminator though! 8O

7. Go to one of the big stationary retail stores - laminators are no big deal, except the hot ones are the best.

8. You cant fold the hot properly but you can with cold. But hot is better water resistant and stronger.

Hot for info boards

Cold for Nyrex and pockets!