Lambeth Press Officer quits after suggesting Streatham should be napalmed

Some might find it odd that a council press officer whose job was to champion his local area, having spent a "considerable amount of time" walking it streets of Streatham, would be honest enough to declare that the best solution for improving it would "mostly involve napalm".

Press officer quits after suggesting Streatham should be napalmed on Twitter - Telegraph

Need to find another line of work matey. Spouting truth is not a good habit as a Press Officer

Thats in step with a certain poet who came out with the imortal lines "Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough and make it ready for the plough"
Now had this PR chappy used a couple of rhyming couplets he could potentially be the next poet laureate!

Honesty is not allways the best policy.

Actually there is not too much wrong with Streatham, It is the people living there that are the problem.
So anthrax would be just as good, if slightly less fun to watch.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
IIRC Streatham had a "problem" with women of negotiable affection in the early 90's. I presume that not much has changed.

Another victim of the harrumphing outrage bus, unnecessary humourless unrealistic over accountability.

T

trowel

Honesty is not allways the best policy.

Actually there is not too much wrong with Streatham, It is the people living there that are the problem.
So anthrax would be just as good, if slightly less fun to watch.
Not a bad place at all, about 30 years ago. Most places are OK, it`s just the vermin inhabitants that drag them down.

T

trowel

I used to go to Bali Hai in Streatham, late '70s. It was fucking brilliant. Well, compared to Amesbury, anyway.
I`ve got vague memories of a place called "The Pink Panther", I could be wrong and have the name mixed up with someplace called "The Purple Pussycat" or something very like. Any ideas?

Used to drink in a fine establishment in Streatham many moons ago,its a lovely spot.

I`ve got vague memories of a place called "The Pink Panther", I could be wrong and have the name mixed up with someplace called "The Purple Pussycat" or something very like. Any ideas?
Can't help you there, mate. We used a Sarf Landan Pathfinder Rude Bwoy Mk 1 to guide us in. Maybe it's one of those "If you can remember it you weren't there" places? I expect someone will come along with better info before long.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
What, as in "there weren't enough of them"?
Rather the opposite. At one stage you couldn't step off a bus without being accosted by a brass. Allegedly.

Streatham was a shit hole in the 1950's. The Common was the best part with plenty off opportunity to watch the commercial activities in and out of the bushes. It was better than the lingerie pages in the mail order catalogues at least. I lived in Norfolk House Road during the summers and in the flat opposite a woman used to strip off in the window. Safe on the streets for kids and the only drugs were Players Weights and the like. Those were the days. But it was still a shit hole.

I had to drive from my hotel in Croydon to work in my patch in South London every day and back earlier this year for a couple of months. 10 out of 10 for honesty, cos Streatham most certainly is a dump.