Lamb chops

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Poppy, Apr 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have lamb chops for supper and usually grill them with either roasted veg and yoghurt with mint in, or with leeks in cheese sauce. Does anyone have other ideas for accompaniments?

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

3. Yeah, some more meat as there is **** all on a lamb chop!

5. Sauté potatoes, glazed carrots and Reform sauce.

6. Reform sauce... eggs or not?

7. I usually like to add a couple of sausages or whatever to make a mixed grill.....Jesus, the cost of lamb now.

8. A few years ago I had "cotelette d'agneau au amande" with mangetout & new potatoes in a little beach cafe in Juan les Pins, absolutely delicious. 6 tiny lamb chops covered with grilled almond flakes that almost melted in the mouth, made one want to crunch the tiny bones up & eat them as well. Mind you the cafe did just happen to have a Michelin star! The owner/chef reckoned it was because he had really young Lamb, not the aging animals we eat in England!

9. My Bold - Because there was **** all meat on those 6 atom sized chops!

10. Did you wear a carefully designed topless swimsuit and get an even suntan on your back and on your legs?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Ow, stop! With a slightly chilled Rose d'Anjou? Only on the Continent could you find a Cafe with a star. What does a British Caff suggest? The only place I knew was a retro-Caff at the top of Farringdon Rd., London that did "noted cups of tea and chops." Does anyone remember it? I just Earth Googled it. It's called "The Quality Chop House". Mind you, go further south and you'll get Smithfield caffs serving Pork chops with the kidney still on... I'm dribbling now.

12. I have to agree, to make a decent meal you would need two (or more) portions, but at riviera 1 * prices in the summer, there was no way I was paying for that, so we asked for loads of veg & topped up on the bread, but the taste was to die for!

Jarrod, I just slapped a load of Ambre solair on & got me bird to rub it in for me!

Negligent-Dicharge, no not a Rose, but a very nice & not too expensive cote de Rhone, that happened to be the house red! & I agree, the French do have some pleasant culinary surprises in mere cafe's at times!

13. Do you know the Aga Khan?

14. At least there is some meat on a pork chop!
    I'm dribbling now too :)

15. He sent him a race horse for Christmas, and he keeps it just for fun.