Lakenheath Alert

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BounceBanana, Jul 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cauliflower Cheese tonight, with chips and tomatoes, lovely........

2. A suspicious lorry.

Was it black?

3. What were Kent police doing in Lakenheath?

4. Probably another prostitute murdering lorry driver, getting his ballpein hammer out of the back!

5. Pint (more likely several) and a kebab it is for me!

6. I live nearby, hold on a moment and I will nip out and have a look......

7. I went past gate 8 at about 0930. The gate was shut with three lorries (HGV and 7.5 ton) waiting outside. Main gate was open at that time, but I did notice a Base fire engine inside the perimeter fence between the golf course and A1065 (before gate 8 ) with its blue lights on.

When I tried to return along the A1065 at 1230 police had shut the road at the Wangford Road lights and traffic was diverted to the B1112 through Lakenheath and Eriswell. A Base ambulance with blue lights on turned left through a red light in front of me and cut through the traffic ahead, turning right at the end of Wangford Road towards Feltwell. Which seems odd.

How exciting.

Hope this is useful. I am in my pjs and eating ice cream so I'm afraid I won't be going out to crawl through the woods and Wangford Warren with drain_sniffer.

8. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Can the locals still use the golf course at raf lakenheath? I have not been there since 94.
    At that time i knew a few us security police and like most us police they were all for the beat em to shit or shoot first policy, ask questions later.
    I dont know the ins and outs of whats happened but its probably a good job the truck did not enter the base.

Would of been interesting to see the aftermath:p

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

9. Don't know. But you could ring and ask :)

Breckland Pines Golf Course

10. Annnnndddd breeeeaaattthhhe.....

Gates, A1065 reopened at RAF Lakenheath

If the incident's been over since 3pm, what's happened to drain_sniffer?? He's been gone over an hour?

Time for a wee dram.

11. I didnt make it past the Bulls Head in Mildenhall......I will just ask my neighbour in the morning..

12. Probably some Dale farm workers looking for metal to nick......