Lager Challenge

Although the name might have caught your attention, theres no funny stories or anecdotes here.
Im actually looking to name some brands of lager sold in the UK which arent advertised on television, ive got HARP but now struggling.
(can be international but still sold here)
any more people are aware of?

Leffe, Warsteiner to name a couple. But there are loads. Sol, is another, as are those little French stubbies sold in Sainsburys

Amstel, Grolsch, Tuborg, are all sold over here and not seen on TV in my area

Titanic Iceburg

Tsiengtao The only good thing the Germans left in there old Chinese colony

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
8 Ace. A classy and smoothly elegant brew.

Hesk said:
Although the name might have caught your attention, theres no funny stories or anecdotes here.
Im actually looking to name some brands of lager sold in the UK which arent advertised on television, ive got HARP but now struggling.
(can be international but still sold here)
any more people are aware of?
Pedantic anorak mode on

HARP used to be advertised

"harp stays sharp to the bottom of the glass" was the catchphrase

I really need to get out more :D

Recently sold in my local Tescos:

Polish Beers
Okacim 500ml 5.5%, Okicim Mocne 7% (what a fantastic beer), Lech Premium, Tyskie, Zwiec,

Russian
Baltika

Czech
Staropramen (my old company brought the first lot into UK in 1979, I think),
Pilsner Urquell, Budwieser Budvar (the REAL Budwieser brewery, not the gnats piss the Yanks make)

The first Lager brewed in the UK was at Wrexham in 1882 when two Germans( Iven Levenstien,and Otto Islar) opened the Brewery, but did not sell it in the UK so it was all exported to the Empire, it was on TV the other night

tropper66 said:
The first Lager brewed in the UK was at Wrexham in 1882 when two Germans( Iven Levenstien,and Otto Islar) opened the Brewery, but did not sell it in the UK so it was all exported to the Empire, it was on TV the other night
Unfortunetly they went bust in 2000

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B The NAAFI Bar 11
Mighty_Blighty Jobs (Discussion) 13
Davros_the_Dalek The Intelligence Cell 2