Lady Thatchers arm

I hope so much that the broken arm is not the 'hand-bag' arm.

Upon reflection, even if it is, the other arm is quite capable of wielding the 'bag' against the pusillanimous bunch of quivering oiks currently governing us!

PS: It could also 'sort' the European filth presently engaged in ensuring we become an insignificant 'region' of the 'Super-State'. The 'filth' being encouraged and egged-on by Lord Rumba of Rio, the Pinnochios and the hapless, powerless puppet Brown!

Whet said:
Shame it wasn't her neck
To wish that upon a woman who singlehandedly saved this country and built it up for other to55ers of your ilk to break it down again....Well, I am not surprised.

All_I_Want said:
Whet said:
Shame it wasn't her neck
To wish that upon a woman who singlehandedly saved this country and built it up for other to55ers of your ilk to break it down again....Well, I am not surprised.
My bold, the Southern half of the country anyway!She closed most of the northern half. You may look back on her tenure as a fine old age but have you forgotten the poll tax riots? The miners strikes? The bins spilling over in to the streets for weeks and months?

She wasn't that bloody good.

brettarider said:
Whet said:
Shame it wasn't her neck
Still achieved more as an MP than you ever will
To be fair so did Blair, Broon and any member of the Green Party.

Truely great leaders unite the people across political boundaries, she polarised the country.

commzmeanzbombz said:
All_I_Want said:
Whet said:
Shame it wasn't her neck
My bold, the Southern half of the country anyway!She closed most of the northern half. You may look back on her tenure as a fine old age but have you forgotten the poll tax riots? The miners strikes? The bins spilling over in to the streets for weeks and months?

That said, you obviously negate the fact that the Poll tax, was in fact, put into force prior to her taking control, and is in fact, a Liarbour institution, not a tory one, she merely carried on the motion of it, as her hands were tied.
But dont let that effect the fact you hate her.
She did do a lot of shite things to the country, but the PT was not her doing.

Whet said:
Shame it wasn't her neck
Well Whet
Didn't take you long to stoop to the lowest of the low did it.
A proud Lady who like all of us had her faults but she stood up for her country and her people and in her last few years she should be given some respect regardless of your political point of view.

Lib Dem Councellor ( yes I worked out who you are ) you're not even good enough to lick her boots.

You are a man of no integrity, utter sc*m for that comment IMO

Lets hope the Lib Dems never get another vote in your Yorks constituency.

As an ex serviceman in her era thats a disgraceful comment.

VH

All_I_Want said:
Whet said:
Shame it wasn't her neck
Single handed?

Saved the country? If being saved is what happened to Newcastle, to Glasgow, to sheffield and the greatest part of Wales then I think that large parts of the country would rather she hadn't have bothered.

Gren said:
commzmeanzbombz said:
All_I_Want said:
Whet said:
Shame it wasn't her neck

That said, you obviously negate the fact that the Poll tax, was in fact, put into force prior to her taking control, and is in fact, a Liarbour institution, not a tory one, she merely carried on the motion of it, as her hands were tied.
Yup, Labour set it going a full 11 years before it was brought into being in England. Explain Gren, just why it 10 to 11 years to implement.

Gren said:
commzmeanzbombz said:
All_I_Want said:
Whet said:
Shame it wasn't her neck

I wasn't aware of that Gren. My experiences of Margaret Thatcher are of growing up in a colliery town on a struggling farm with staunch Thatcher hating family so you can understand why i'm not her biggest fan!

commzmeanzbombz said:
All_I_Want said:
Whet said:
Shame it wasn't her neck

And Broon has lost the country north and south. He even sold 60% of the gold reserves for next to fcuk all to the boxheads!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article1655001.ece

Cop that.

JoseyWales said:
commzmeanzbombz said:
All_I_Want said:
Whet said:
Shame it wasn't her neck

And Broon has lost the country north and south. He even sold 60% of the gold reserves for next to fcuk all to the boxheads!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article1655001.ece

Cop that.
Dont get me wrong mate, im no fan of his either!

ringdoby said:
commzmeanzbombz said:
I wasn't aware of that Gren. My experiences of Margaret Thatcher are of growing up in a colliery town on a struggling farm with staunch Thatcher hating family so you can understand why i'm not her biggest fan!
You could always try thinking for yourself. :roll:
Much of the northern part of our country did.

ringdoby said:
commzmeanzbombz said:
You could always try thinking for yourself. :roll:
Ok, i think your hilarious!

commzmeanzbombz said:
Gren said:
commzmeanzbombz said:
All_I_Want said:
Whet said:
Shame it wasn't her neck

Fully understand it mate, and im not trying to say she didnt fook up, but the poll tax isnt hers.
And in answer to everyones friend "Whet" yes they did start it running a good few years ahead, but, and thats the thing, it was only brought in by MT because prior to it going live, she had argued against it, but it was given the green light right before she took the job, and also right before, the tory party came to power.
So even though it was a long time from thought to start, the Liabore party had it in the running already, and like most things in politics, you cant stop things that easily.

MT in my opinion, was great for the forces, but also, was a tw@ for the country on many levels.

Sad thing is, the PM taking over, often gets the blame for the PM who has left, ala GB from TB, he seems to have gotten away with a hell of a lot whilst GB has taken the rap.

It still doesnt mean the Liabore party isnt as corrupt as a fruadulant banker, but the people getting the blame for the way of the country, didnt actually lead us to it.

GB is just the daft cnut who is in the hot seat.

And no, I do not vote Liabore.

Whet said:
All_I_Want said:
Whet said:
Shame it wasn't her neck
Single handed?

Saved the country? If being saved is what happened to Newcastle, to Glasgow, to sheffield and the greatest part of Wales then I think that large parts of the country would rather she hadn't have bothered.
Do you reckon that, overall, the country would have been better off if Sunny Jim had won the 1979 election rather than Maggie?

Are you old enough to have lived through the 1970s?

I've asked these questions of every leftie on the site that has mentioned Maggie. I'm not trying to start an argument. Genuinely interested in the view from the left regarding the 70s vs the 80s. Overall, which was better.