Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Lady Thatcher at 80

Not that he needs my defence, but I'm with Awol. When it was reported that Mo Mowlam was in hospital (but before she died) the more forthright negative comments were cut by PTP. Baroness Thatcher is old and infirm, having suffered several strokes and is arguably on her 'last legs', so aside from the fact that none of us is guaranteed to survive to our next breath, why at the end of her days should Dr. Mowlam have been afforded protection from vitriole that Baroness Thatcher is denied?

Filbert Fox said:
Great Woman, made the country great, the forces strong, made sure we got decent pay rises, wasnt Labour, trounced the Argies, didnt take any shite off anyone, the Iron Lady would have given the shaved chimp an Iron *******.

Utter pants.

If the Argies had the good sense to wait another 12 months before attacking, we'd have been fcuked because she would have butchered the RN (and it's a long way to Stanley by Kayak). Crab Air couldn't have flown the Black Buck missions that led to the withdrawal of Argie AD a/c back to the mainland and Christ only knows what she would've done to the army. Then that insufferable little prick, Erwin, really would have something to gloat about.

Ask 2 PARA about her speech on the BBC World Service as they were marching on Goose Green. :evil:

maninblack said:
On a broader front who could forget that the Al-Yamamah arms deal with Saudi Arabia was manipulated to place her son, Mark (a man so dense that he has his own gravitational field) in a position of power as a "broker" between the UK government and the Saudis in return for, alledgedly, a multi million pound payment to the boy who had previously been famous for being unable to get a greasy stick up a dog's arrse even with a set if directions and a compass.

Ah, yes. I remember that. That was the deal that made sure that the r******s had first dibs on spares and upgrades on Tornados (and presumably all kinds of other kit)! That worked fcuking wonders for Crab Air servicability, didn't it?

Heil Thatcher!

"The Forces Sweetheart"

p.s. If you don't like Maggie, then you're either Welsh or Northern, therefore you don't have an opinion anyway ; )

DozyBint said:
Not that he needs my defence, but I'm with Awol. When it was reported that Mo Mowlam was in hospital (but before she died) the more forthright negative comments were cut by PTP. Baroness Thatcher is old and infirm, having suffered several strokes and is arguably on her 'last legs', so aside from the fact that none of us is guaranteed to survive to our next breath, why at the end of her days should Dr. Mowlam have been afforded protection from vitriole that Baroness Thatcher is denied?

How about Mo Mowlem only had 4 years in govt and helped bring about the Good Friday Agreement that has resulted in "Norn Iron" being much less of a war zone (if not much less of a shit pit) than at any point in the last 40 years. Conversely Maggie fcuked over the country for 11 years and almost single-handedly caused the argument within the Conservative Party that tore it apart and has led to it being viewed about as seriously as a pair of clown shoes by the British electorate to this very day. (Europe, in case anyone else was wondering.)

Flash said: "Rich getting richer? More like those that help themselves get help. Unlike the great unwashed of today who have it inbred into them that they don’t need to do feck all for the country but will still be better off than those that bother their arrses to work. Labour of old loved the fact that the proles lived in Govn owed housing. The Iron Lady at least made it a possibility that those that wanted it could buy their own slums."

Balls. This country is less socially mobile than at any time for 3 generations. You can work your nuts off and still get nowhere - hidden taxes, high prices and venal big corporations see to that. Unless you are prepared to be a rip - off merchant and use other people before throwing them away like rubbish.

Everyone I know works like a fukcing slave and still has major money worries. I meet plenty of people born rich but brainless - they can do what they want, sat on their inbred, (and repeatedly buggered) public school arrses, and still never worry about anything more serious than where the next new Merc is coming from.

Labour messed up in the 70's (I do remember - just). What they were trying to do a generation earlier - when voted in by the returning heroes of my Grandad's generation - was make a fairer country. They were beaten in that by vested interests, notably the crappy Press. thatcher's great crime was to put a final end to the idea that we are all in this together. UK is mainly just selfish assholes now. I'm happy to put a lot of blame for that at la Thatch's door. She was, indeed is, a genital.

Steamywindow said:
Flash said: "Rich getting richer? More like those that help themselves get help. Unlike the great unwashed of today who have it inbred into them that they don’t need to do feck all for the country but will still be better off than those that bother their arrses to work. Labour of old loved the fact that the proles lived in Govn owed housing. The Iron Lady at least made it a possibility that those that wanted it could buy their own slums."

Balls. This country is less socially mobile than at any time for 3 generations. You can work your nuts off and still get nowhere - hidden taxes, high prices and venal big corporations see to that. Unless you are prepared to be a rip - off merchant and use other people before throwing them away like rubbish.

Everyone I know works like a fukcing slave and still has major money worries. I meet plenty of people born rich but brainless - they can do what they want, sat on their inbred, (and repeatedly buggered) public school arrses, and still never worry about anything more serious than where the next new Merc is coming from.

Labour messed up in the 70's (I do remember - just). What they were trying to do a generation earlier - when voted in by the returning heroes of my Grandad's generation - was make a fairer country. They were beaten in that by vested interests, notably the crappy Press. thatcher's great crime was to put a final end to the idea that we are all in this together. UK is mainly just selfish assholes now. I'm happy to put a lot of blame for that at la Thatch's door. She was, indeed is, a genital.

Do I detect a whiff of class hatred there Steamy? So the well off are just public school toffs are they? What a quaint and old fashioned idea.

This country is more egalitarian than at any time in it's history. More people have more money and a better standard of living than even 10 years ago, let alone 25. Do you think it would be like that now if Red Robbo and his mates were still bullying people on picket lines outside nationalised industries that had long forgotten the meaning of competition? The only thing Maggie destroyed were those industries and unions that were long past their sell-by date, and of course those arrogant militant 'leaders' who didn't know what they were up against. They soon learnt.

Steamy. I suggest you re read what I said.

I'll say it again. Today, if you decide to do feck all, you will be looked after by the state. If you choose to work, you get nowt but shafted.

Alle klare?

Steamy you are now blaming Lady Thatcher for the last 8-9 years of Labour misrule.
Brown took over a good economy. He has run it into the ground to the extent that this years election was held a year early, before his abuse of Maggei's legacy became apparent to all.
Sell of the gold reserves to buy Euro's, The euro a rather silly currency, one size suits all. No wrong in 50-100 years time maybe but now.
john
"When she took office, James Callaghan, whom she supplanted at 10 Downing Street, said: "May I congratulate you on being the only man in your team?"

She retorted: "That's one more than you've got in yours."

Ah Luvs The Lady

IRON LADY had more balls than you moaning ******* out there guess the ones that try to belittle what she did are kids cus us old sweats remember the good she did. god bless the old girl and death and destruction to phony tony. :twisted: :twisted:

My old man reckoned thatcher was the best pm ever. He was a met copper and during the miners strike managed to pay off his mortgage with the overtime . Me was'nt bothered at the time cos there is alwys a pm trying to shaft the toms.

Bugsy7. Your avatar guides us toward your mains skills!!
I go along with Flasheart et al. Where would we be if Scargill and his crowd of demented fellow travellers had not been stopped? The communist states have fallen apart they don't work! and neither did the misled people following Scargill and his ilk. Callaghan was a lovely guy, but a useless Prime-Minister, remember him returning from his trip abroad, during the winter of discontent? "Crisis? What crisis?" Good riddance. Our problem now is the Orwellian State that has developed since 97.
wtns