Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Lady Thatcher at 80

Von-Ryan said:
Are you old enough to remember the strikes, the 3 day week, the shortages of the 70s - or have you just forgotten it. Of course we would have been better off with Michael Foot and Neil Kinnock...
Of course I remember the strikes. I also remember the illegality of Moggie Dotcher's counter-measures. And let's not forget the famous handbagging episode, when everybody (chortle, chortle) laughed about that reporter Sargeant (spelling?) and how ridiculous he was made to look, but nobody bothered to question the event itself. I know if she'd done it to me, I'd have dropped the fcuking nut on her straight away.
Imagine what would happen if Phoney Tony gobbed some reporter because he didn't like the question he was being asked? But Moggie Dodger got away with it. So what does that tell us about her personality? It tells us she's a vicious, mean and narrow-minded, spiteful, malignant little ............ (Power rant edited)

Edited by PTP . Bugsy, I do so wish you wouldn't sit on the fence in this fashion :D
MsG

whiffler said:
Zofo said:
I remember the Winter of Discontent, Heath and devaluation (Mr. Wilson).

You should have remembered the winter of discontent with Callaghan. Heath's association was with was the 'three day week'.

Maggie ... Gawd Bless 'er.
:oops:

One of the things I most look forward to in life is seeing the last of her cabinet shovelled into the ground. I hope to be able to tamp the earth down with the bloodied corpse of Tony Blair, her natural heir and successor.

poorwelshman said:
Bugsy7 said:
Filbert Fox said:
Great Woman, made the country great, the forces strong, made sure we got decent pay rises, wasnt Labour, trounced the Argies, didnt take any shite off anyone, the Iron Lady would have given the shaved chimp an Iron *******.
...hated the working class, destroyed the social coherence of the UK, used illegal methods to punish the miners, started the destruction of the NHS that Phoney Tony is continuing, privatised (and fcuked up) the railways and water. The list goes on. The woman was a total disaster for the country. I hope she dies a very long and extremely painful death, the arrogant, vindictive fatherless. :twisted: :twisted:

And when she does peg it, I'll take a full page in the local rag saying: "Moggie Dotcher brown bread.
GOOOD!!!

MsG

I agree. She is evil.

Daft senile old bat. Still Breathing? Not for much longer I hope

And let's not forget the famous handbagging episode, when everybody (chortle, chortle) laughed about that reporter Sargeant (spelling?) and how ridiculous he was made to look, but nobody bothered to question the event itself. I know if she'd done it to me, I'd have dropped the fcuking nut on her straight away.
Imagine what would happen if Phoney Tony gobbed some reporter because he didn't like the question he was being asked? But Moggie Dodger got away with it. So what does that tell us about her personality? It tells us she's a vicious, mean and narrow-minded, spiteful, malignant little shite who badly needed three laceholes up her flabby jacksey. Fcuk her! She's a complete cnut!

MsG

Have you forgotten this little incident?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/media/480.jpg
480.jpg

Didn't seem to do him any harm?

Is he also a "vicious, mean and narrow-minded, spiteful, malignant little shite"?

Steven said:
Have you forgotten this little incident?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/media/480.jpg
480.jpg

Didn't seem to do him any harm?

Is he also a "vicious, mean and narrow-minded, spiteful, malignant little shite"?
Nope, I remember that well, Steve. Although the circumstances were very different, since Fat-slob Prescott was provoked, whereas all that geezer Sergeant did was to ask Moggie Dodger a question she didn't like.
But as for the description - yeah it fits Prescott just as good as Moggie Dodger. :D :D :D

MsG

Interesting

Baroness Thatcher has criticised Tony Blair for taking Britain to war in Iraq on the basis of flawed evidence about Saddam Hussein's weapons. The former prime minister's embarrassing criticism emerged as Mr Blair was among the 670 guests who attended a party to mark her 80th birthday.

Although Lady Thatcher remains a strong supporter of the decision to topple Saddam by invading Iraq, it is the first time she has questioned the basis for the war. Yesterday's Washington Post reported that when asked whether she would have invaded Iraq given the intelligence at the time, Lady Thatcher replied: "I was a scientist before I was a politician. And as a scientist I know you need facts, evidence and proof - and then you check, recheck and check again."

She added: "The fact was that there were no facts, there was no evidence, and there was no proof. As a politician the most serious decision you can take is to commit your armed services to war from which they may not return."

The article was written by the journalist Tina Brown, who said she had been told Lady Thatcher's view by Lord Palumbo, the former chairman of the Arts Council, who asked the former prime minister about Iraq when he had lunch with her six months ago. Lord Palumbo was also among the guests at last night's party at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel near Hyde Park, London. The guest list, which was headed by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, included many former members of Lady Thatcher's cabinets as well as prominent figures from industry, arts, showbusiness and the media.

The Tory leader Michael Howard and the two right-wing candidates for the leadership, David Davis and Liam Fox, were present but the two moderates - Ken Clarke and David Cameron - had not been invited.

Lady Thatcher's office did not dispute her reported remarks but said she had been - and remained - in full support of the decision to oust Saddam by military means, which she always believed would be the only way to remove him. Aides said she wished that had been achieved by the first Gulf War, prompted by Iraq's invasion of Kuwait, which took place shortly after she was forced to resign as Prime Minister after losing the confidence of her cabinet.

Her criticism of Mr Blair's methods comes as a surprise given her staunch backing for the conflict. In 2002, on a visit to America, she said she was "proud that Britain stands where we all must stand - as America's surest and staunchest ally". She told the Heritage Foundation in Washington: "Prime Minister Blair and I are, as is well known, political opponents but, in this vital matter, I salute his strong, bold leadership."

Although Mr Blair condemned Saddam's record in the build-up to the war, he did not advocate "regime change" because that would have been illegal. Instead, he sought to build a case on the ground that Saddam's arsenal put him in breach of United Nations resolutions. After no weapons of mass destruction were found after the conflict, Mr Blair sought to justify it by arguing that the world is a better place without Saddam in power.

The continuing problems in Iraq were highlighted when Jack Straw, the Foreign Secretary, admitted that it could take up to 10 years to turn the country into a stable democracy. He told BBC2's Newsnight programme: "I am optimistic about Iraq. I think in five to 10 years we will see it becoming stable."

An ICM survey for the programme found that 31 per cent of people wanted British troops pulled out immediately, while 23 per cent believed a firm date should be set for withdrawal later. Some 40 per cent indicated they should stay until the Iraqi security forces were ready to take over.

Mr Straw told the Cabinet yesterday that, with a referendum on the Iraqi constitution taking place tomorrow, the political strategy for the country was "on track". He cited higher levels of voter registration than for the elections earlier this year.

The Foreign Secretary said that transforming a failed state into a successful democracy would always take time. It took four years to elect a national government in post-war Germany, but just two in Iraq.

Sir Menzies Campbell, foreign affairs spokesman for the Liberal Democrats, said Mr Straw's remarks about a 10-year period showed that the Government did not have a credible exit strategy. "None of this was ever put before parliament or the British people in March 2003 when military action commenced," he said.

:wink:

PartTimePongo said:
Surely not the same Mrs Thatcher that ignored the frantic messages from Endurance in the run up to an election year?

Whilst her Defence Secretary John Nott was trying to flog most of The Andrew to South America (numerous frigates)and Australia (Invincible)......

...and the very same who flogged 3 Squadrons of RAF Tornados and their spares to the Saudis straight off the production line when they had been earmarked for the RAF?

shortfuse said:
is that mad horrible old c unt still alive .... shame.

she totally alienated an entire generation, i f ucking hate her and the creeping backstabbing "rich get richer, and f uck the rest of you" party she stood for ...

she slashed the forces so don't give me that old "maggie was one of us" boll0cks.

in the words of "the beat"

i see no joy, i see only sorrow

i see no chance of your bright new tomorrow

so stand down margaret stand down please, stand down margret

i sometimes wonder if i'll ever get the chance , just to sit with me children in a holiday jam

our lives seem petty in your cold grey hands ,would you give a second thought would you ever give a damn ... i doubt it.

stand down margaret.

whilst not being enamoured of the latest mob ... i'd f ucking hate to go back to that bunch of crooked c unts.

there see .... YOU GOT ME TALKING POLITICS AND NOW I'M ALL HET UP !!!

Spot the double standards.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums...=0/postorder=asc/highlight=dies/start=30.html

Any reason why Baroness Thatcher isn't afforded the same courtesies as left wing politicians?

PartTimePongo said:
Has Maggie died? I mean I know she looked a bit infirm , but.....

You don't mind if I call you a cnut then? The rules have changed? Or is Maggie a special case in your eyes?

Filbert Fox said:
Great Woman, made the country great, the forces strong, made sure we got decent pay rises, wasnt Labour, trounced the Argies, didnt take any shite off anyone, the Iron Lady would have given the shaved chimp an Iron *******.

'Trounced' the Argies isn't quite correct - the Brits were operating at the limits of their capabilities and it could have gone either way - particularly if Arg pilots had bombed more proficiently. I take it from 'we got decent pay rises' implies you weren't part of the backbone of the country i.e. a miner, in the Public Services or involved in British industry in the eighties. I sincerely hope Elvis Costello's long term wish is granted and he gets to 'tramp the dirt down' rather soon.