Lad's Army

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Forces_Sweetheart, Jun 6, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone been watching? Hilarious stuff.

2. Ive seen some of it.  My god some of them were crying!!  Its a good job its not real.  Can you imagine?The best thing I saw was when the Full Screw pushed that lads locker over, the look on the lads face was a picture.  Reminds me of the Best Boot inspection we had in training at Deepcut.  Cpl wasnt happy so he tossed em out the 3rd floor window!!  Not mine I may add

3. It's getting funnier - last night there were more tears and tons of attitude.

They complained about the low volume of food and so the Corporals threw the whole lunch (Shepherds Pie) into one trough and covered it in bananas and made them get on their knees on the table and eat the lot.

There were also some dreadful interviews with the officer - no one knew how to march in, stand to attention, turn etc or how to address him properly.  He said he was going to speak to the Corporals about them.  But in the next episode, they get rifles!!! And one of them does a runner (jumping the barbed wire fence instead of just walking out of the front gate).

But I guess it could be like a busman's holiday for you guys.

4. That mad so and so of a drill sergeant was my basic training Staffie-so nice to hear the sadistic bugger shouting again-especially as it was at someone else!!!!! ;D ;D

5. i wonder how close to the real thing it is ? anybody old enough to tell us :lol:

6. ee those wut deyaz wen treanin were demandin an the med menowuz
    nut lahk now with aalt puffy waze an carry on. cuh, if tha telt kidz tadeh thad neva beleeve yuz. tha wuz 25 owuz kippin unda wun sheet o battalion standin oorduz an we wuked 28 owaz a deah, but we wuz appeh aah thoze wut deyaz! :p

7. I remember after a 0630hrs room inspection at RMAS, a girl running screaming out of her room in complete hysterics............the two staffies had emptied the contents of her wardrobe onto her floor, along with the contents of her soap powder, talcum powder, coffee jar, sugar jar, her kettle full of water..................then they'd pulled her mattress of her bed, thrown it out the window, with her bedding (it had been raining the night before...........), and presumably trampled the mess on the floor, judging from the shoe prints................

They stood quietly until she calmed down, and then said "Re-inspection in 20 minutes Miss H.........", turned on their heels, and left. I think all 30-odd of us were in that room trying to get it clean for the re-inspection..........

8. Beddin! Beddin! we neverrad beddin!
    We neverrrreven ad booots we ad ta paaint us feet black!

9. For the screenplay, see Carry On Sergeant....on the other hand....who gives a sh*te?

10. You bothered to post you must give a bit of a shite? :evil:

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

That was the HAC's Padre. He's cracking at mess functions.

12. The new series may be entertaining with the so called 'bad lads'. I doubt if they're badder than the DS!!!!!

13. Remember watching it and not seeing the difference between 43 and 87 .

Just shows how cushy the sprogs have it today if everyone thinks that Lads Army is so beastly :wink:

14. They should be allowed to fill the fcukers in. Don't come up to scratch? Chinned and covered in lighter fluid. That'll learn em. Would make top telly too.

15. Here, here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!