Ladies SD Hat

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by commando_chcik, Sep 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, need one for a parade and haven't got one. Refuse to pay the stupid prices the various tailors want, so if anyone has/knows where I might eb able to get hold of a ladies SD hat sixe 56/57 then please let me know!

2. what buttons do you need for the chin strap?

3. Buttons aren't an issue those I can get hold of and I doubt many people will have the ones I need. As for a very resonable £135 that is the price I am tryign to avoid paying at the moment!

But thanks for the link

4. one like this?

What an ugly thing that is

Ugly Cap

5. Horrible ain't it?

6. so are most of the women that wear that one!!

7. I advise everyone to avoid Herbert Johnsons. I recently purchased some head dress from them and it took seven months (yes, seven months) to receive the finished product.

I suspect that much of the delay was because the hat was made abroad, India I suspect.
    Herbert Johnson exists as a brand name only and my experience is that the UK staff know nothing about military head dress. They are merely a brand name in the Swaine and Adney stable.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Try these guys http://www.pateyhats.com

8. Hats!!!! Who needs em??

9. I know a capt who won't be needing hers for much longer. Somebody at Chicksands can probably give you the number (if they haven't lost it):twisted:

10. Think you'll find the Corps only wear berets so she won't be able to help afterall.

11. my no 1 hat supplied by Goldings was Pateys and it was quite good.

12. Two differing experiences. Have to say Herbert Johnson were rather slow on the uptake but not that slow. Patey's looks good and I shall be giving that one a try in future. Thanks for the tip.

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I think that in todays Army a parade with a Uniform that is not supplied is one to avoid, unless of course you have thoughlessly spent your allowance elsewhere! If the Army can provide all the different Tartans for the PW's then why cant it stump a few quid for some decent titfers, not that they'll be any use to you in civ div! Therefore you can let them have them back when you leave, stops all the silly hat changes from amalgamations!