Ladies Mess Dress - Crepe or Taffeta

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by armycmt, Aug 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi. Quick question for any female seniors. Is it best to buy a crepe or taffeta mess dress? i've heard that one is easier to clean than the other and was after some experienced opinions.
  2. Crepe is easier to clean and also doesn't end up with permanent creases all over it like taffeta does.
  3. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

If RAF, Crimplene.
  4. Do your dress regulations not tell you what your mess dress is made from? Pretty sure they tell you what material its made from!

5. Some form of wipe-clean PVC mess kit sounds...optimum? With peephole bodice and split crotch lycra shorts. For those special dinner-nights of course.
  6. There was a choice between the two when I bought mine in 199mumble. I just had a look at one mess dress supplier online that says that the RAMC is crepe (that would sound sooo much better spoken aloud!!).
  7. I see the NAAFI mentality has invaded another serious thread :)
  8. Thank you for your reply.
  9. Oh, and not only does taffetta crease really easily, it's a right bugger to get puke out of. Apparently.
  10. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Who really gives a flying F***. Ask your RSM what he thinks. I think you will get the general idea.