LADIES & GENTLEMEN

I watched a couple of progs on the TV last night. One was about people ripping off insurance companies by claiming to have been sick on their hols or having whiplash injuries etc. The other prog was about scrotes ripping off councils and housing associations etc by claiming to be invalids or renting out their social housing to other people etc. In both progs all the scrotes were referred to as ladies or gentlemen. I have notice recently that radio and TV reporters now call everyone either lady or gentlemen. Is this the meedya being sooo PC and neutral that they are frightened to call a man a man or a woman a woman - even Scousers?

I watched a couple of progs on the TV last night. One was about people ripping off insurance companies by claiming to have been sick on their hols or having whiplash injuries etc. The other prog was about scrotes ripping off councils and housing associations etc by claiming to be invalids or renting out their social housing to other people etc. In both progs all the scrotes were referred to as ladies or gentlemen. I have notice recently that radio and TV reporters now call everyone either lady or gentlemen. Is this the meedya being sooo PC and neutral that they are frightened to call a man a man or a woman a woman - even Scousers?

Caught the last ten minutes of the council house one.
The house they were taking back had years of filth everywhere... But standing proud of the grime was a gunners badge...

Haven't they always said 'ladies & gentlemen'? It's just politeness you know. Goes with the job.
There's no doubt some conscious irony involved when mentioning certain 'ladies' & 'gentlemen'.

Personally I don’t have a problem with it. IMHO presenters have been saying Ladies and Gentleman for years when addressing an audience, perhaps you’ve not noticed it. When I speak to an audience I certainly open with Ladies and Gentleman.

I use the phrase even when it only appears* to be one sex present.

Mind you I sometimes open with "ladies, and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages.."
which is a total rip off of the intro a friend uses for the intro to his circus .

*sometimes it difficult to tell

I use the phrase even when it only appears* to be one sex present.

Mind you I sometimes open with "ladies, and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages.."
which is a total rip off of the intro a friend uses for the intro to his circus .

*sometimes it difficult to tell
And what about intersex, questioning &c, &c you bigot? ;-)

And what about intersex, questioning &c, &c you bigot? ;-)
they can make their minds up for the duration of the training and stick to it, afterwards they can do what they like

Personally I don’t have a problem with it. IMHO presenters have been saying Ladies and Gentleman for years when addressing an audience, perhaps you’ve not noticed it. When I speak to an audience I certainly open with Ladies and Gentleman.
How very gender insensitive! Really, you should open any address with: Lesbians, gays, indeterminates, gender neutrals, transexuals, bisexuals, those who are uncertain, those who have had gender realignment and changed their minds, ladeees and gennlman and any fcker else.

Slightly off tangent, but about the same subject. Read in the DM today about a couple from Liverpool ( I think) that have been jailed for trying it on with the holiday company saying they'd got the screaming shits while on holiday and claiming compo. Chuffed to bits - can't stand twats like this.

How very gender insensitive! Really, you should open any address with: Lesbians, gays, indeterminates, gender neutrals, transexuals, bisexuals, those who are uncertain, those who have had gender realignment and changed their minds, ladeees and gennlman and any fcker else.
I think you have missed some out....this is coming soon (seriously) = lgbtqiapk

I think you have missed some out....this is coming soon (seriously) = lgbtqiapk
Cherist another mnemonic to lean. I need another beer.

But just in case anyone was wondering:

LGBT

Q - Queer
I- Intersex
A - Asexual
P - Pan sexual/ polyamorous
K- Kink

I had this suggested to me last week to include it in our work policies, usually LGBT+ is the norm but those at the 'backend' (see wot i did there) have voiced that they feel left out therefore an encouragement to display it in full. TBH it's all getting a bit ridiculous!

Last edited:
No. It's not.

But just in case anyone was wondering:

LGBT

Q - Queer
I- Intersex
A - Asexual
P - Pan sexual/ polyamorous
K- Kink

I had this suggested to me last week to include it in our work policies, TBH it's all getting a bit ridiculous!
They left off aromantics, deximsexuals, hetrosexuals, sadists, masochists, furries, ponies, naturists, and morris dancers

"Greetings Homo Sapiens."

Should cover it.

Even the most genderfluid weirdasfuck lookatMEEEEEEE type would have problems arguing with that.

Though I am sure the mentally defective tossers would still try.