Ladakh, Agra and Delhi

Discussion in 'Travel' started by witchcraft, Aug 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All,

The family and I are considering a trip to northern india next year for a trek in Ladakh and then visits to Agra for the Red Fort and the Taj Mahal boxing it all with a day either end in Delhi. I know I should be prepared for the huge culture shock but is there anything more one should know?

TIA

Witchy

2. What part of Ladakh you trekking in. Last year I cycled from Leh to Srinagar. Leh was awesome very remote and friendly people. Lots of places advertising trekking although I stuck with my cycling. Remember it is quite seasonal in the mountains and very cold in winter. Also Leh just got fu. cked over by the floods so will take a while to rebuild. Srinagar on the other hand had huge military prescence being on border with pakistan has sangars in all the streets etc. Not really a place to take your family. Delhi was where the culture shock gets you. Personally I hated it but thats what some people want to see. worth a quick look on your way through just to see cows on the motorway and whole familys traveling on a scooter. I didn't get out to Agra so can't comment on that