Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lactose / Dairy intolerance

Right.
As posted on the Shartrep thread, I have once again had an explosive bottom vomit. (got to the bog this time though).

On both occasions I had eaten an ice cream about 15 minutes prior to said bottom vomit.

Can you develop an intolerance to Dairy products? I eat loads of cheese and have no issues, it appears to just be bloody ice cream.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Right.
As posted on the Shartrep thread, I have once again had an explosive bottom vomit. (got to the bog this time though).

On both occasions I had eaten an ice cream about 15 minutes prior to said bottom vomit.

Can you develop an intolerance to Dairy products? I eat loads of cheese and have no issues, it appears to just be bloody ice cream.

yes you can

buy these

1603359976646.png

or stop eating/drinking anything with milk in it

RTU'd

Old-Salt
Could be IBS?
Trying drinking skimmed milk?
GP might offer good advice as mine did on IBS.
Eating citrus fruit can help

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I can't believe nobody has suggested bad aids yet

Right.

I rarely have cows milk, other than as cheese. I haven't had "explosive bottom vomit" from it but have had sudden bouts of indigestion in the past. Try goats milk instead.

The Sainted Mrs Devex developed a dairy and gluten intolerance associated with Ladies of a Certain Age. You are going through the menopause!

Does the ice cream have sweeteners in it? I once bought some boiled sweets in a tin and somewhere along the line they'd swapped from sugar to sweeteners. I'd had about 8 when I nearly blew my guts inside out, never again.

Does the ice cream have sweeteners in it? I once bought some boiled sweets in a tin and somewhere along the line they'd swapped from sugar to sweeteners. I'd had about 8 when I nearly blew my guts inside out, never again.
Dunno.
I'm sat on the bog stinking the place out again

Dwarf

LE
I get this in my local Mercadona. Dairy-free, as I don't do dairy.

1603362485631.png

They'va already called dibs on your boots, post pics of missus.

Wetneck

Old-Salt
My wife has recently developed such a thing with only cheese. Which is great apart from she loves cheese as a topping on as many things as the seppos.

See her grating it on top of her lunch before we need to go out somewhere and I now know she's going to spend some point in the next hour on the shitter pebble-dashing my porcelain and plans will be delayed.

Never suffered it until recently.

Latest Threads