Lack of Police numbers

Auld_Sapper

War Hero
I'm sitting here watching, kinda, Pick TV on what's left of our free Sky down here and it's one of these reality cop shows, in Peterborough, and they've just been to a rammy in a pub car park that's over when they arrive but one of the culprits is inside. Cue an army of cops arriving to the call, fair enough, but it's over. Next shot is 7, yes seven cops carrying this mong out to the van! Seven cops to huckle a mong to a van!.....bah humbug! back in the day....mutter, mutter, seeven cops to lift a mong FFS.

But, short of numbers on the street!!?? no fcuking wonder! We were lucky if we had seven on the whole nightshift for the west end of Emburra!!

Ah, it's OK the dog vans just arrived!.........Oh FFS the handlers sober and he's not deploying the dog 'cos of public safety issues!!!

My Sainted Auntie, thank feck I'm out.

BTW utter respect for those that serve with these shitty rules and regs. Ye must need a degree in patience nowadays.

Oh FFS 3 cops to deal with one handcuffed mong!!!!!!

That's it, shopping channel!!

Regards

Ubique ya bass!!!

I'm sitting here watching, kinda, Pick TV on what's left of our free Sky down here and it's one of these reality cop shows, in Peterborough, and they've just been to a rammy in a pub car park that's over when they arrive but one of the culprits is inside. Cue an army of cops arriving to the call, fair enough, but it's over. Next shot is 7, yes seven cops carrying this mong out to the van! Seven cops to huckle a mong to a van!.....bah humbug! back in the day....mutter, mutter, seeven cops to lift a mong FFS.

But, short of numbers on the street!!?? no fcuking wonder! We were lucky if we had seven on the whole nightshift for the west end of Emburra!!

Ah, it's OK the dog vans just arrived!.........Oh FFS the handlers sober and he's not deploying the dog 'cos of public safety issues!!!

My Sainted Auntie, thank feck I'm out.

BTW utter respect for those that serve with these shitty rules and regs. Ye must need a degree in patience nowadays.

Oh FFS 3 cops to deal with one handcuffed mong!!!!!!

That's it, shopping channel!!

Regards

Ubique ya bass!!!
One of the most irritating aspects of operational policing these days must be the ubiquity (see what I did there?) of mobile phones. Every arrest, every confrontation, every car stop, there'll be some twat sticking a 4s in your face. As for the reality show cameras, we had them out twice on my team. I avoided them like the ******* plague.

Auld_Sapper

War Hero
I take your point sir, mobile phones? Christ we were still using Beat Boxes back in the day. We did have PR's, some sort of two piece shite that never worked, looked like it came out of a lucky bag and broke quicker than a broken thing that breaks. Didn't improve until they issued us with the Motorola 4000 things that actually worked and doubled as a hugely effective baton/truncheon.

AND....reality TV? who the fcuk, cop, squaddie or whoever behaves normally when followed by a TV crew FFS? No one that's who.......but..........seven ******* cops to lift a mong out of a bar into a van? It looks and is stupid, inefficient and, well, really, really unprofessional. Whatever happened to the "come along" holds they taught us back in the day. Good old wrist lock (or a half nelson). Or one of those Ninja moves they taught us when they gave us them fancy side handled baton thingys. (I could never remember the Ninja moves, if a twating with the Motorola failed I always defaulted to the "draw side handled baton and use it like a tomahawk" mode.

Then I got the dog. Never drew my baton again.

AND and a dog handler turning up, sober???!!! Good grief!

AND they all look so fcuking young!!!!

Fecking bah humbug

Ubique ya bass !!!

Auld_Sapper

War Hero
One of the most irritating aspects of operational policing these days must be the ubiquity (see what I did there?) of mobile phones. Every arrest, every confrontation, every car stop, there'll be some twat sticking a 4s in your face. As for the reality show cameras, we had them out twice on my team. I avoided them like the ******* plague.

Oh ho yes, I surely did :)

Ubique ya bass!! (ubiquely)

I take your point sir, mobile phones? Christ we were still using Beat Boxes back in the day. We did have PR's, some sort of two piece shite that never worked, looked like it came out of a lucky bag and broke quicker than a broken thing that breaks. Didn't improve until they issued us with the Motorola 4000 things that actually worked and doubled as a hugely effective baton/truncheon.

AND....reality TV? who the fcuk, cop, squaddie or whoever behaves normally when followed by a TV crew FFS? No one that's who.......but..........seven ******* cops to lift a mong out of a bar into a van? It looks and is stupid, inefficient and, well, really, really unprofessional. Whatever happened to the "come along" holds they taught us back in the day. Good old wrist lock (or a half nelson). Or one of those Ninja moves they taught us when they gave us them fancy side handled baton thingys. (I could never remember the Ninja moves, if a twating with the Motorola failed I always defaulted to the "draw side handled baton and use it like a tomahawk" mode.

Then I got the dog. Never drew my baton again.

AND and a dog handler turning up, sober???!!! Good grief!

AND they all look so fcuking young!!!!

Fecking bah humbug

Ubique ya bass !!!
Beat boxes were good for a piss in the sink in night shift. As for cops looking young, I'm not so bothered. It's when you see supers and ACCs that look like wee laddies, that's when you know you're getting old.

Auld_Sapper

War Hero
Beat boxes were good for a piss in the sink in night shift. As for cops looking young, I'm not so bothered. It's when you see supers and ACCs that look like wee laddies, that's when you know you're getting old.

Hell yeah! especially when they appear in their tabbed up, gonged up uniforms wearing their scrambled egg covered caps FFS Like badly dressed cadets.

Re Beat Boxes: one of the things you could do (so I've been told) if the shift was boring and because the Boxes had one way windows, was to super glue a 50p to the pavement outside the door and when someone walked by you dropped a couple of coins onto the floor inside the box and then pissed yerself laughing into the sink as Joe Public tried their best to recover the 50p from the pavement.

So I've been told.

Ubique ya bass!!

Hell yeah! especially when they appear in their tabbed up, gonged up uniforms wearing their scrambled egg covered caps FFS Like badly dressed cadets.

Re Beat Boxes: one of the things you could do (so I've been told) if the shift was boring and because the Boxes had one way windows, was to super glue a 50p to the pavement outside the door and when someone walked by you dropped a couple of coins onto the floor inside the box and then pissed yerself laughing into the sink as Joe Public tried their best to recover the 50p from the pavement.

So I've been told.

Ubique ya bass!!
Did you also get them to sign for a long weight before making them paint the cell tartan blah blah blah

Latest Threads