Lack of notifications

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Cutaway, Dec 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I'm not rx'ing any notifications of new posts on subscribed threads.
    They don't go into the junk file and I checked a few to see if I'd been unsubscribed.

What's wrong, just GCHQ having a Chrimbo check or is no-one getting them ?
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Stupid question but are your options for notification still set up the way you want under 'General Settings'? (i.e. set up as receive notifications daily / instantly etc)
  3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Oddly it was set to control panel only and I know I've not played with owt in General Settings.
    But there were no notifications coming into the panel either.

Reset it to e-mail & we'll see what happens.
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

for some reason your hotmail address is bouncing emails back to us as spam. after 5 of these you will be unsubscribed.
  5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Thanks GCO.
    Tried to send a pm but you'v been ROP'd so cannot rx them.

What is the exact domain name on the notifications ?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Further to my last, is there any way of changing all subscriptions in a oner ?
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Now that must be about the funniest post this year!!!
  8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I can change directly in the database but that carries some risk of error. I'd rather not if it's no big issue for you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using ARRSE mobile app
  9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Think I've sorted it now, if not I'll continue to whinge.
  10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Whinge mode re-enabled.

Somewhere between 00:16 and 10:00 all subscriptions were reset to control panel only again.
    Can I a) change them all back in a oner & b) lock the notification to e-mail ?
  11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

your hotmail address once again bounced a series of emails and when that happens we stop sending to your email address. This is to stop us blasting 100s of emails over and over again to dud email addresses. It costs a tiny bit to send, clogs our system and apparently contributes to an email sender being marked as a spammer. Are you doing anything odd with your email? Forwarding / filtering etc? Have you whitelisted us?

In answer to your question - "don't know" and "no". Regarding the latter it would be pointless to do this when they don't get through.
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

By the way, if it's any help these are coming back as 'complaints'. ie. our system is being told that they are being actively marked as spam
  13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

You're still on the naughty boys list so I've sent an e-mail.