Lack of Kiwi?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Flash_Eliminator, Jan 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What's happened to Kiwi shoe polish? Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Tesco's, Wilkinsons ... even Boyes has stopped selling it in favour of some gunk called 'Punch' or 'Cherry Blossom'.

I usually have several tins of the stuff, but I've pretty much run out so I've had to order some online. The nearest I can get in the shops is Parade Gloss, but I have plenty of that.

It did occur to me that like some brands and shops recently it could have gone into administration but I've been unable to find any evidence of that.

2. Cherry blossom is the same these days. Buy Kiwi online if you prefer.

3. As good as parade gloss? Ive always found Cherry blossom far inferior.

4. I've used Cherry Blossom before and thrown it away, it's just not Kiwi. It's just blown my mind that something as bread and butter as Kiwi has to be bought online now or maybe I'm just too old school.

Thanks a fecking lot corporate supermarket chains.

5. Always found Parade Gloss very greasy and no good for bulling, standard Kiwi is better.

6. Cherry Blossom is available as a "C" class item throught the QM's.

As it's "free" then invariably it is also shite, Kiwi it most certainly is not.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Agreed. You should go through TA Basic and see for yourself why. Obviously the culture differs greatly with it being weekends and a two week course as apposed to 3 months solid training. Basic in the Regs puts alot of pressure onto recruits to get their kit sharp, or at least they did when I was there. Basic in the TA is try and get them to switch on for long enough to get basic rifle, NBC, BCD drills into their heads with the absolute minimum amount of instructors. By no means am I giving them an excuse, it takes 10 mins to show a recruit how to iron their kit etc...

8. You wont need kiwi soon when we get the new uniforms and eventually boots, you'll just need a suede brush

9. I've got a couple of free hours on Saturday so I'll give it a whirl.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Or you will more likely need baby-poo green Polish. And I wouldn't expect it soon.

11. No it's not parade gloss but cherry blossom was taken over by Reckitt Benkiser. One of their research scientists told me its been the same for years.

12. Is it Kiwi or Cherry Blossom that, if melted down, you can get alcohol from?

In fact, don't bother replying, I'll PM Auld_Yin.

• Like Like x 2
  13. My Tesco still has Kiwi?

14. As a last resort. Set fire to the tin of Cherry Blossom and that takes most of the grease out of it.