Lack of IRCs

Discussion in 'Officers' started by CaptainBlackadder, Oct 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes, well I suppose you can't rely on everything you're told by the chain of command.

2. Considering the results are a closely guarded secret and numbers of commissions aren't divulged I'd love to know how you've come about this info!

The director of my capbadge told us there was an increase, though small, on our quota from last year but he couldn't say what that number was.

3. I think this is what they refer to as "normal manning levers". In other words, letting commissions expire is a lot cheaper than redundancy.

4. Yes they are doing the same with LE REG C this year, only 2 for the RAC, thanks for everything!

5. Also, whilst they are reducing numbers through not offering IRCs, they have yet to reduce the liability in terms of jobs. Hence, next jobs board is expected to have 40% more jobs than runners.

6. Have mine if you like. I'm joining the seven-click-club next summer (various reasons for delaying) so I don't need it.

7. Crimson Hussar, You must be chuffed - there were 150% more LE Reg Cs issued this year than you expected!

8. I was quite suprised by the size of the board after all the doom and gloom rumours.

On the plus side, it now allows me to serve long enough to be made redundant, which is nice. Or not. I think.

9. But i still didnt get one! 355 days to go.........................