Labours NHS promises

Miliband , tells the faithful today that if Labour get in they will train 10000 Nurses......5000 GPs and will be the Saviours of the NHS, my Questions?
How are they going to fund this?

Why didn't they do this over their 13 years of rule?

They Blames the Tories for the current NHS woes, but the rot started during Labours time in power!

If you are thinking of voting labour, think again and don't let those idiots near power you will regret it!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Labour* will say and do anything to win the election, then promptly drop all the promises if elected!

*Any political party can be substituted here.

Do they know how long it takes to train a GP? It won't be until after the next parliament they come online so I doubt they will be thinking 2 elections ahead at the moment

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Miliband , tells the faithful today that if Labour get in they will train 10000 Nurses......5000 GPs and will be the Saviours of the NHS, my Questions?
How are they going to fund this?

Why didn't they do this over their 13 years of rule?

They Blames the Tories for the current NHS woes, but the rot started during Labours time in power!

If you are thinking of voting labour, think again and don't let those idiots near power you will regret it!
They were too busy signing us up for PFI contracts, spending like Viv Nicholls and enjoying the high life.

NSP

LE
Miliband , tells the faithful today that if Labour get in they will poach 10000 more Nurses and 5000 more GPs from the third world and will be the privatisers of the NHS through even more unfavourable (to us) PFI deals.
I think my fix to your post will be more likely be what they'll actually do. Anyone they "train" will promptly be lured by the attraction of better pay and conditions in the US, Canada and Oz. As usual.

As you say, where's the money coming from...?

Edited to hat-tip Jarrod for beating me to it on my opening point.

Last edited:
it's going to become quite an obsene squabble over NHS funding for the next 100 days. Trouble is, I have absolutely no doubt what ever is sprouted, it won't change the price of fish.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
1.4 million staff work for the NHS !

They need 15,000 more do they ?

Me no thinky.
It's highly unlikely that they'll be sending the cleaners on an NVQ to be GP's, what is more likley is that we will get more GP's they'll think 'This is shit' and they'll bugger off to Australia, America, Canada, Middle-East or anywhere that pays better and is an easier life.

I'd love to know how I am expected to believe my GP is qualified to work on anything other than small pets, when he can only type slowly with one finger, er which make beleive university was that you studied in again ?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I'd love to know how I am expected to believe my GP is qualified to work on anything other than small pets, when he can only type slowly with one finger, er which make beleive university was that you studied in again ?
A lot of GP's are old, years ago typing was done by typists not Doctors.

philc

LE
I recall there being some huge fiasco last time Labour was in charge of the NHS about Doctors training, lack of placements for Doctors who had just about finished their courses or something like that. This led to 100s of newly qualified doctors leaving the UK and emigrating to Aus, NZ and the States.

So far Milliband has made noise about the NHS at least twice, is this it from him, no other policies? Personally I am more interested in the economy. With out a strong economy the shiny things like the NHS, a welfare system, investment in infrastructure should not happen.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
They probably wish they hadn't let millions of the 3rd world in who have never paid any national insurance.
It's them lot who kept/keeps voting for them! They'll be letting another few million in don't worry about that!

NSP

LE
So far Milliband has made noise about the NHS at least twice, is this it from him, no other policies? Personally I am more interested in the economy. With out a strong economy the shiny things like the NHS, a welfare system, investment in infrastructure should not happen.
It seems to be "NHS crisis, blah blah, cost of living crisis, blah blah, this, that and the other crisis to be fixed and paid for by a mansion tax we seem to have spent ten times over, blah blah, here's everything why the Tories are bad and nothing about how we'll be better, waffle, lie, obfuscate, blah." So, yes - there is something in your observation about their lack of policies, or at least talking up their policies.

As to the economy, the ONS announced that it grew by 2.6% in 2014 yesterday. Rejoice!* Just rejoice...!

* Pardon my sarcasm but as George was trumpeting the growth the non-Tory (and even some of the Tory) supporting press was bursting his bubble by reading down the page of the report a bit and noticing that the economy is nonetheless slowing slightly.

Last edited:

Latest Threads