Labour's Great Betrayal

And the Tory policy will naturally be as well thought out as their plans to sell the Forestry Commission. Someone really ought to buy these dicks a Calculator:

Education Economy in Jeopardy, News Article, Immigration, Yorkshire
Self important industry crying in it's beer that it's licence to print money is being taken away. Students from overseas with offers of places and funding at Real Colleges arn't being turned away. It's the hordes of fake Colleges with fake courses that are finally being put under the spotlight.

Then again, given the number of courses that Colleges offer these days that are frankly made up cow dung I'm not surprised some Colleges are getting nervous and whining.....

And does anyone think that the SDR was a good thing?
The SDR of 1997-98 was a damm good thing, runined by Bliar not having the guts to tell Brown who's in charge and making him cough up the extra Billion a year needed to make it work.

The SDSR of 2010 was a complete travesty and a con driven purely by the urge of HM Treasury to screw the Armed Forces and the gutlessness of that fuckwit, lightweight turd CMD.

Self important industry crying in it's beer that it's licence to print money is being taken away. Students from overseas with offers of places and funding at Real Colleges arn't being turned away. It's the hordes of fake Colleges with fake courses that are finally being put under the spotlight.

Then again, given the number of courses that Colleges offer these days that are frankly made up cow dung I'm not surprised some Colleges are getting nervous and whining.....
If you drive through certain areas of some cities (notably Manchester and Birmingham) it isn't uncommon to see high street shops proclaiming to be colleges of various kinds. The one thing they have in common is that they don't have anywhere for students and are only a shop window.They aren't even subtle.

Whet

LE

Couldn't agree with you more Kit, get rid of them all - Latin, Classics, History. Who needs em

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Labour's great betrayal.......too right. Every time they screw up everyone else gets royally hammered by the incoming tories

Whet

LE
The SDR of 1997-98 was a damm good thing, runined by Bliar not having the guts to tell Brown who's in charge and making him cough up the extra Billion a year needed to make it work.

The SDSR of 2010 was a complete travesty and a con driven purely by the urge of HM Treasury to screw the Armed Forces and the gutlessness of that fuckwit, lightweight turd CMD.
Sorry - just seen this. I agree with every word (and this time I'm being serious)

There will never be a point where the NHS says "We are finally ticking over and have enough funds". it grows continually in it's need for more money / resources. A lot of these resources / money is required as a direct result of inflated immigration. It's a self-serving industry, catch 22.

How do I know this? My company provides services to a local hospital and the amount of "wastage" I see frankly makes me sick. It's all about maintaining budget levels and as the tax year comes to a close the requests get even more far-fetched.

polar

LE
The vast majority come for work. Tell you what, get rid of all the scientists, engineers, financial sector workers, doctors and nurses and replace them with the unemployed we have - what do you think will happen?
I'd be 'shameless' to say

chavrinn

Swinger
Its a scary report, intending to scare. I've just had a quick skim read of the migration watch report the article in the Telegraph refers to. 3 million net immigration, yes, the report states that. But omits to subtract the 1 million British citizens that emigrated. (If thats not true, then their summary is very badly presented). So that's 2 million more people living here, not 3 million. Still a fecking lot more than we should be dealing with.

I love their unqualified estimate of illegal immigrants too, and the scary chart at Figure 6 (until you read closely and figure out the figures are cumulative).

Here's a link to the original:

Migration Watch UK - Policy, Amnesty & Voting - Mass Immigration – Labour's enduring legacy to Britain (11.24)

Can't see why they published it now, it would have been priceless to publish in April last year.

It's almost impossible to quantify the number of *illegal* immigrants now due to the goalposts being moved so often over what constitutes such and into which category an immigrant falls and is accounted for.

Its a scary report, intending to scare. I've just had a quick skim read of the migration watch report the article in the Telegraph refers to. 3 million net immigration, yes, the report states that. But omits to subtract the 1 million British citizens that emigrated. (If thats not true, then their summary is very badly presented). So that's 2 million more people living here, not 3 million. Still a fecking lot more than we should be dealing with.

I love their unqualified estimate of illegal immigrants too, and the scary chart at Figure 6 (until you read closely and figure out the figures are cumulative).

Here's a link to the original:

Migration Watch UK - Policy, Amnesty & Voting - Mass Immigration – Labour's enduring legacy to Britain (11.24)

Can't see why they published it now, it would have been priceless to publish in April last year.
To be fair, thats exactly what it says in the 1st line of summary.
The extra million comes from illegal immigration.

Whet

LE
To be fair, thats exactly what it says in the 1st line of summary.
The extra million comes from illegal immigration.
How does Migration WAtch know how many ILLEGAL immigrants there are? The governement doesn't even know how many of the LEGAL immigrants left the country

Couldn't agree with you more Kit, get rid of them all - Latin, Classics, History. Who needs em
Media Studies, Social Studies, Tourism, Business Studies, Lesiure Studies, Film Studies, Global Politics, any Management courses, Cultural Studies, Theatre Studies.

They're all crap dreamt up by dribblers to con money out of HM Government and Students. FFS you can not teach management skills to spotty faced 18 years. It's learnt over years and OTJ training.

chavrinn

Swinger
Nope, it says "In addition there are illegal immigrantswho could number almost 1 million" in the summary. Then further into the paper, puts this figure at between 600,000 and 1.1 million. And the source of this estimate is:

Another migration watch report.

How does Migration WAtch know how many ILLEGAL immigrants there are? The governement doesn't even know how many of the LEGAL immigrants left the country

Simples. Speak to the people who catch the buggers who enter the country, they'll have a good idea what percentage they catch. Work out the number they catch and then add to that with the missed percentage.

If they reckon to catch 10% then just add another 90% to make 100%.....simples...

Forgot to say, speak to Local councils and work out difference between their figures for immigrants in their areas and Home Office figures. The difference is going to be because a) Home Office is always fiddling figures and b) Council know exactly how much extra they have to pay to provide services to people in their area and how big their Housing list is

Whet

LE
Simples. Speak to the people who catch the buggers who enter the country, they'll have a good idea what percentage they catch. Work out the number they catch and then add to that with the missed percentage.

If they reckon to catch 10% then just add another 90% to make 100%.....simples...

Forgot to say, speak to Local councils and work out difference between their figures for immigrants in their areas and Home Office figures. The difference is going to be because a) Home Office is always fiddling figures and b) Council know exactly how much extra they have to pay to provide services to people in their area and how big their Housing list is
Sorry, that isn't acceptable.

First - how do the border people know they have the percentage right and not under/overestimating. They don't - it's a guesstimate.

Second - can you show me that that is where MIgration Watch gets its figures from?

Latest Threads