Labour's flat-earthers demand the cuts go away

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Legallybald, Mar 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Interesting piece in the Economist today:

Ed Miliband: Labour's flat-earthers demand the cuts go away | The Economist

Oh dear.
  2. Don't vote for me I'm a **** and so are my cabinet
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Hell, if we used those criteria the UK's Polling Stations would be the world's emptiest places.
  4. I'd love to hear that one in full. Should keep me laughing for weeks.
  5. So monthly national duvet days aren't being implemented then?
  6. Oh sure the cuts would love to go away.
    Unfortunatly the nations debts are not going anywhere for a while and Labours tactic of pretending that all is well will not work anymore.
  7. The phrase "I'm entitled" sums it up really, social scrounging scum who want all the benefits but aint prepared to work for it. God help us if they ever get back in.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Don't you just love them. No answer to the national dept, pandering to the crusties, no ideas whatsoever so asking the public to help them out.

Politicians I shit 'em
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Great opportunity today: (a claimed) 450,000 of UK's most economically illiterate populace are marching in London to protest "cuts". I reckon there are probably only a handful of private taxpayers amongst the lot, so maybe they can be kettled into the Thames, or on Eurostar or similar. Should even up the voting balance and save the country a few bob...
  10. I find it ironic that they are campaigning against the cuts, but this weekend, there will be extra police on the streets, extra street cleaners, more medical staff on call, all of which cost money and will come out of the public purse :)
  11. Just a gathering of a few unwashed cnuts causing unwanted expense to the Met's budget. Nothing to see here, move along.

12. After watching the news, I would like to know where half of these fruitloops have been for the past 14 years, blaming the Con-Dems for the cuts, which is far enough I suppose, but do they not realise that the cuts have come about because the previous Govt played bottomless pockets with the public purse.
  13. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

But some of Labour's natural electorate are (a) economically illiterate and don't understand the state of the UK's finances or (b) are astute enough to know that their education and work skills are such that they'll have a more comfortable life style if they can tap into the benefit system.

Supporting or opposing the cuts is not a dispassionate decision - it's often based on personal interest. I earn above average wage, so vote for the conservatives on the grounds that they'll keep the size of the state within reasonable limits (or cut it back so it is). Someone on low income will vote labour on the grounds that they can only get the good things in life if the money they earn from poor education/work skills is supplemented by hand outs from the state.

We vote for our own self interests.

14. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

This bit from that Economist article sums it up:

"Of all the scores of people who raised their hands to ask questions or make mini-speeches, not one appeared to be from the private sector. There were no entrepreneurs, no small businessmen, no big businessmen"

And those marching today will be the same. I bet also that, no matter what bollox labour come out with about diversity, there will be very very few non-white faces (apart from a few skiving studetnts, I suppose) I know it's a big generalisation, but they are mostly sensibly too busy earning a living, and looking out for their families.
  15. Seems a group has broken from the main march, heading towards Oxford Street.