LABOUR-What have they done right?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BootneckBlitzkrieg, Dec 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can some one enlighten me what Labour have done right since they took power in '97?

Attached Files:

2. pushed an old lady into a ditch?
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I know they get blamed for a lot but taking it for drunken grannies who can't steer their 4x4's is a bit much isn't it? :D
  4. Its ET!

And FFS dont blame Nu-lablair for that as well. or the HSE will forbid all roadworks!
  5. She is a poor old dear isn't she!!? I thought the picture was a good metaphor......

I'm sure she was ok....
  6. You've stumped me with that one. I thought I'd have a good objective go at trying to remember what it was but I can't think of anything at all however insignificant. The minimum wage could be argued as being worthwhile but I'm not convinced it was really necessary.

I suppose that some people who will no longer be able to go down the pub for a smoke will be consoled by the fact that Labour made it legal to enjoy a fag at home, even a sixteen year old one! Priorities hey?
  7. God, I hate it when I can say something good about Labour, but they did hand over control of interest rates to the Bank of England.

Still, only one good thing in nine years aint too great.

Ooh, Ooh, I remember something else they did right. They sacked (or they resigned) Mandelson, Alistair Campell, Blunkett (twice), Byers......
  8. I'd say their single biggest achievement was demonstrating to the last Tory government that the electorate can and will boot a corrupt, incompetent, self-serving and venal party out of power. Unfortunately they seem to have forgotten that same lesson.
  9. Awww dont knock Labour, They have made it possible for my sister to have 3 more children, kit them out in burberry, live in a huge house buy a daily amount of heroin without having to steal off anyone else other than close family and all whilst she watches Jeremy Kyle and Trisha. Thank god for our wonderful government!

Im so pleased my taxes go to such a good cause.
  11. Well, they did all right by the former Lord Chancellor Derry Irvine who got a £90K per year pension and a £180K bung when he was sacked after 5 years in the job.

They also did all right by Cherie who got £7,000 hair dressing expenses for the last month of the 2005 election campaign (not to mention free flights for her mum courtesy of the RAF).

They do all right by Gerry Adams who gets £250K per year despite not turning up for work for several years.

Not enough cash for body armour though.
  12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I agree. What Lairbour have done right is line themselves up to be emptied at the next election. The only sticking point with that is the British electorate (lots up here) who wuill vote for them regardless.

Remember John Major did not go at the first serious attempt, much to many peoples' amazement.
  13. Well this is what they reckon. Sounds wonderful!

but most of those claims strike me as spurious, plain wrong or in context actually delivering nothing really worthwhile.

Against that unimpressive we have a continual series of blunders, scandals, stupidity, lies, distortions, stealth taxes and plain ignorance.
  14. Appearences can be very deceptive.

It's actually a local council traffic safety death squad, who stop elderly (and therefore dangerous) drivers, force them into a ditch, and execute them.

It's nice to see someone's finally sat up and took note of all those letters I've been writing.
  15. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

What have Laibour done right? Yup, independent Bank of England. Oh, not forgetting .... and, um ... and ... er? But - hey - let's move on!

Gentlemen, the Great British Electorate will ... vote for a change. Not with any rational thought, they just always do after a while. Several options now present themselves - depressingly:

1. The Boy Dave will sail the Tory Ship back into power, after those depressing years in the wilderness [been there, got T-shirt!]. Prob 55%.

2. The Proles will "give Gordon a chance", partly because he's not Bliar but "Labour's alright innit, and the allowances are good". The fact that he will be the darling of the Left, and sh*g Britain senseless, will not be noticed. The Scots [a quasi-independent Nation] will have the pleasure of sticking one up the English, so will abandon the ScotNats in favour of "one of their ain". Prob 55%.

3. The people will demand an "Elder Statesman" and vote for "Every Way" Ming Campbell, the LDs only unidentified poo$ter. Prob 15%.

4. It will be an utter shambles, with a coalition Govt. Aaaarggghhh. Prob 35%.

Glad I'm not there any more, guys. I pity you all, whichever way it turns out!