Labour, the party of the middle classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do these idiots really think they will be believed? They've been screwing the middle classes for the last 12 years for goodness sake.

Times article.

Gordon Brown today targeted middle-class voters, claiming the Conservatives were planning a "raid" on their quality of life.

In his first speech of the election campaign the Prime Minister said Labour were the only party to represent the middle-classes, warning that they would suffer from a "Tory squeeze" under the Conservatives.
I'm actually laughing out loud at this, they are so far removed from reality its unreal.

I'm afraid that Cyclops is being badly mislead if he believes that he can be elected (note: not re-elected) on the basis of this nonsense. Equally, if "call me Dave" believes he's got an open goal and that he can stroll it into No10 then he's equally mislead.

The only thing worse than that would be is either Cyclops or call-me-Dave believed it themselves. Now THAT's a scary thought!

I suspect Brown is now so delusional, they will have to drag him spitting and screaming out of No10 in a straight jacket when the day comes that an ungrateful electorate finally get the chance to tell him what a cvnt we think he is.

Indeed.

Does No10 have a back-door? If so I hope that when he's sectioned that the social worker and / or duty psych can take him quietly out of there without the glare of publicity. It's considered unkind to mock the afflicted, remember.

Sadly call me Dave is little more than a Tory version of that smug lying git Blair. Brown and ZANU Labour don't give a stuff for the middle classes, nor does call me Dave and the Tories.

Whatever the election result it's going to be a nughtmare for the Country.

Please excuse me whilst I vomit!

I shall say again, define 'middle class'. Define 'class'.

No takers? I'm not surprised. 'Class' exists in the ill-formed minds of the 'wanabee' stalinist Labour toss-wits - end of.

spiffy said:
Sadly call me Dave is little more than a Tory version of that smug lying git Blair. Brown and ZANU Labour don't give a stuff for the middle classes, nor does call me Dave and the Tories.

But you have to admit NOTHING could be worse than this current lot. I would rather entrust the future of this country to a bunch of pre-school children than labour.

Labour - The thinking man's party.

I think I will be voting UKIP then.

I am still a big fan of, 'No Job, No Vote'

After all, why should somebody holding their hand out for welfare, need to have a say in where it comes from?
edited to add, fully pensioned people have presumably paid their dues.

Gordon Brown today targeted middle-class voters, claiming the Conservatives were planning a "raid" on their quality of life.

In his first speech of the election campaign the Prime Minister said Labour were the only party to represent the middle-classes, warning that they would suffer from a "Tory squeeze" under the Conservatives.
The problem is that to be "Middle Class" you actually have to have some sense. People aint going to fall for it.

Who raided the middle classes pension fund? That would be Gordon.
Left the Tax bands the same whilst income rose? Gordon.
End to boom and bust? Gordon.

However... the biggest, most obvious failiure from the article is this one.

In his first big speech of election year Gordon Brown will start the battle today for Middle Britain, claiming that new Labour policies will provide more middle-class jobs than ever before.
There is no mention of whether he is talking about the Public or Private sector, for all the bluster there is precious little other than a promise to increase the number of jobs, which funnily enough will happen naturally when the economy gets going again!

Time to give Cameron a go, he at least appears to live on earth...

Getting in practice for his getaway…

Semper_Flexibilis said:

Fat chav, the basis of his imagined support.

Is the bloke in shorts running after him for putting tax on wigs?

Ord_Sgt said:
Semper_Flexibilis said:

Fat chav, the basis of his imagined support.

Aye, he is that, only chavs tuck their trackies into white socks.

Ord_Sgt said:
spiffy said:

But you have to admit NOTHING could be worse than this current lot. I would rather entrust the future of this country to a bunch of pre-school children than labour.
Thats the problem, ZANU Labour have to go, since 1997 they have trashed the country. The Tories are the only ones who are in a position to oust Labour but they don't fill me with any confidence.

Just when you think it could not get more surreal, it does. Last week Class Warrior, this week champion of the middle classes.

Most astounding of all, he stood up and spouted that patently obvious crap at the Fabian Society Annual bash. The Fabian Society!

You know, the one that thinks home ownership is a bad thing and that parents passing on wealth to their children is unfair. Which means Inheritence Tax is a good thing of course and we all know how fair the middle classes think that is

Behold the words of Rt Hon John Healey MP, Minister for Housing and Planning, 9th December 2009 addressing, yes, the Fabian Society if you do not believe that.

http://www.fabians.org.uk/events/speeches/healey-speech-housing-after-the-crunch

Fabians are wonderful people of course: George Bernard Shaw, HG Wells , Beatrice and Sidney Webb, Emmeline Pankhurst, E Nesbit, Bernard Crick, Rupert Brooke, Oscar Wilde, Peter Townsend, Ernest Bevin and all Labour prime ministers.

Somehow they forget to mention Oswald Mosely and indeed the policy of Eugenics they were all so keen on and that their founders believed democracy to be a wasteful process and that society should be let by an "enlightened" elite, in effect a left wing supierior caste who would rule over the peasants for their own good and that all things were justified in the name of "equality" even if that resulted in grotesque unfairness in the treatment of individuals

Sound a bit familiar?

spiffy said:
Ord_Sgt said:
spiffy said:

Thats the problem, ZANU Labour have to go, since 1997 they have trashed the country. The Tories are the only ones who are in a position to oust Labour but they don't fill me with any confidence.
Even if they were leathered every day, they couldn't put us in a position of owing almost a trillion in debt but with the infrastructure a third world country would baulk at.

I have just heard that Cyclops had a full range of postage stamps ready for when he is re-elected!

The only problem was that those that were testing them couldn’t get them to stick to the envelopes. It was found that they kept spitting on the front of them instead of the back!

Labour seem to have all sorts of worthy ideas, but have spectacularly fairled to implement them, to the extent that whatever they promise you can reliably predict the opposite outcome. I wouldn't trust them to organize a pss up in a brewery.

This "championing" of the middle class is wrapped up in the language of social mobility, so it should probably be seen in terms of an attack to ensure that the middle class have to relinquish so-called privilege to give equality to others - ie of's another attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.