Labour staged a Whitehall coup

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DozyBint, Mar 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the BBC:

Remind me - who was it that accused Thatcher of the politicisation of the civil service? Ah yes, the Liarbour Party... :roll:

2. And, unfortunately, the party's tentacles have spread right into the heart of the MOD.

Litotes

3. Oh Labour and Mrs T. They take power by modernising in her image yet she is held to be the root of all evil.
    Already we have the Jewish lobby cumming out screaming Racism where their boy Lord Levey is concerned and 'Non' British troops have gone unionisd. Yes play the race card play the 'we are different, we need special treatment' card.
    Sickening.
    john

4. L is for Labour, L is for Lice

5. I have heard no such thing - care to elaborate? Was it in a Thai newspaper?

6. There he goes......Keep the Red flag flying Sven.

7. No wonder I haven't heard of it

Jews shouting and screaming about racism, yet this absolute rag cannot name names because the Jews concerned complained ANONYMOUSLY.

Surely they can come out with better than this drivel FFS.

8. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

How have we got from a story about New Labour's politicisation of the Civil Service onto some minor protests from Jewish groups about the treatment of Lord Levy?

John MacNab: any relation of John Angus MacNab by any chance?

9. Jon 'Thai' Willys post methinks

10. didn't the beeb attribute the comments about bias against jews to lord cashpoints rabi?

11. I saw the interview with Him (He sounded American) but cannot recall the priest saying anything to that end

12. So did I, two versions - one shorter than the other. He definitely went to the extreme by saying something very much like "British Jews are alarmed that the senior Jew in the government is the one eveyone is picking on". There was more, and it was quite preposterous stuff, and would have done more to turn people against Jews - if they indeed held the stated view(s).

This septic may be a teacher (Rabbi), but evidently that doesn't stop him being a total prat.

13. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Very true. I would suggest that if there is a 'senior Jew' in the government (not that it's a rank I've ever heard), then it would probably be Jack Straw as Leader of the Commons rather than an ex-record company executive without ministerial rank.