• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Labour scrapes the barrel

#1
Just had two canvassers for the local sitting MP, Ben Bradshaw. Neither of them had begun to shave properly, were spattered with acne and hadn't combed their hair in a week or two. One was wearing a Che Guevara badge ("Because he was a freedom fighter").

They didn't know Bradshaw had been a minister at DEFRA, or even what DEFRA stood for, and they blamed the economic crisis on.... Thatcher.

If this is the best Labour can do by way of canvassers, they're done for. There used to be a thriving local party, admittedly full of men in Cornish-pasty shoes, fag hags and mad-looking women who worked in Human Resources. Now, halfwitted children are the best they can manage.
 
#3
I go out canvassing. I'm normally in Jeans, v neck jumper and shirt, clean shaven and smart hair. I could go out in a suit, but think it would play to the stereotype!
But clearly I'm not a freedom fighter, just a force of oppression and tyranny!
 

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
#4
Decades ago a Labour canvasser caled at Schloss Seaweed. I told him to take his filthy Bolshevik feet off my nice clean garden path. He must have marked me as a 'No' for some reason as I haven't had a visit from one since. The Limp Dem I shall engage in interminable conversation to waste his time and stop him getting anywhere with anybody else. He will be too nice and friendly to disengage.
 
#5
I never see a canvasser in our neck of the woods, but have their "sorry we missed you" leaflets shoved through the letter box. Why don't they come round when there are people who work at home rather than the sick, lame, lazy and retired.
 
#6
Pigshyt_Freeman said:
Just had two canvassers for the local sitting MP, Ben Bradshaw. Neither of them had begun to shave properly, were spattered with acne and hadn't combed their hair in a week or two. One was wearing a Che Guevara badge ("Because he was a freedom fighter").

They didn't know Bradshaw had been a minister at DEFRA, or even what DEFRA stood for, and they blamed the economic crisis on.... Thatcher.

If this is the best Labour can do by way of canvassers, they're done for. There used to be a thriving local party, admittedly full of men in Cornish-pasty shoes, fag hags and mad-looking women who worked in Human Resources. Now, halfwitted children are the best they can manage.
Should have punched him in the chops -- Guevara was a mass murdering racist who revelled in shooting political prisoners in the head personally, and who actually wanted a nuclear war with the US. All this on top of being a rather stereotypical totalitarian communist feckwit.

If the Labour Party is reduced to using these SWP/Respect rejects for canvassing, they have lost the plot entirely.
 
C

cloudbuster

Guest
#7
Perhaps the present incumbents should canvas late at night, with dark cars, and leather trenchcoat wearing representatives?
 
#8
stoatman said:
Guevara was a mass murdering racist who revelled in shooting political prisoners in the head personally.
I did try to point this out to WispyChin 1, but he just looked at me and said "...naah... naah.... he wassunt... he didn't..... naah... [smirk] don't fink so... [titter]..."

So I just told the pair of them to feck off and stop wasting my time.
 
#9
I think some canvassers around here would be a start. How else do they expect to get my vote?

I'm kind of hoping the local MP turns up himself to canvass... cos he's a lying c*nt. And I shall enjoy telling him so.
 
#10
seaweed said:
I told him to take his filthy Bolshevik feet off my nice clean garden path.
That's where you went wrong. Invite him in for a cup of tea and a chat about politics.

That's what I do and I now have a growing collection of canvassers locked in my cellar.
 
#11
Pigshyt_Freeman said:
stoatman said:
Guevara was a mass murdering racist who revelled in shooting political prisoners in the head personally.
I did try to point this out to WispyChin 1, but he just looked at me and said "...naah... naah.... he wassunt... he didn't..... naah... [smirk] don't fink so... [titter]..."

So I just told the pair of them to feck off and stop wasting my time.
I always wear my 'Che' T-shirt when the Trots come calling.

 
#13
re-stilly said:
I never see a canvasser in our neck of the woods, but have their "sorry we missed you" leaflets shoved through the letter box. Why don't they come round when there are people who work at home rather than the sick, lame, lazy and retired.
you won't see the Liarbore canvassers as by not being reliant on benefits you are not their target market.
 
#15
cloudbuster said:
Perhaps the present incumbents should canvas late at night, with dark cars, and leather trenchcoat wearing representatives?
Less the "late at night" remark, the remainder of your description could describe Galloway's approach to electioneering. Hmmm.... on reflection, they were in short black leather jackets and 'shades'.
 
C

cloudbuster

Guest
#16
CaptainPlume said:
Anyone had a portly canvasser with a beard round who fell asleep half-way through delivering the Lib Dem message ;)
Last I heard he was seen hanging around under a canal bridge in Skipton.

At the end of a length of manila.
 

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#17
I live 'inside the wire' so am spared this sort of nuisance. Or perhaps I'm being deprived of my rights to full information before doing my duty and casting my vote.



This is Paul Butler MLA apparently Sinn Fein/IRA have selected him as the local candidate. If I do happen to bump into him canvassing in the High Street I'll be sure to ask him for his views on kiddy fiddling. Mind you I think if he tried to canvass on the High Street he'd probably be lynched.
 
#18
Roadki11 said:
re-stilly said:
I never see a canvasser in our neck of the woods, but have their "sorry we missed you" leaflets shoved through the letter box. Why don't they come round when there are people who work at home rather than the sick, lame, lazy and retired.
you won't see the Liarbore canvassers as by not being reliant on benefits you are not their target market.
#

Thing is it isn't only that lot but the rest as well, perhaps they are scared of having to answer questions from the people they intend to fleece for the next 5 years.
 
#19
It's what I love about our ARRSE community in general; Irrespective of our politcal persuasions, we say things as we see them and in a forthright manner. [except for the appachiks, party toe-liners and what Stalin called useful idiots, like Sven of course]
 
#20
stoatman said:
Pigshyt_Freeman said:
Just had two canvassers for the local sitting MP, Ben Bradshaw. Neither of them had begun to shave properly, were spattered with acne and hadn't combed their hair in a week or two. One was wearing a Che Guevara badge ("Because he was a freedom fighter").

They didn't know Bradshaw had been a minister at DEFRA, or even what DEFRA stood for, and they blamed the economic crisis on.... Thatcher.

If this is the best Labour can do by way of canvassers, they're done for. There used to be a thriving local party, admittedly full of men in Cornish-pasty shoes, fag hags and mad-looking women who worked in Human Resources. Now, halfwitted children are the best they can manage.
Should have punched him in the chops -- Guevara was a mass murdering racist who revelled in shooting political prisoners in the head personally, and who actually wanted a nuclear war with the US. All this on top of being a rather stereotypical totalitarian communist feckwit.

If the Labour Party is reduced to using these SWP/Respect rejects for canvassing, they have lost the plot entirely.
He also died wearing a Rolex GMT master, so just like every other socialist he's a complete hypocrite.
 

Latest Threads