Labour revert to their devious tactics

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pimpernel, Apr 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gosh after all the moral high ground squatting by Mandy and his pal Millipeed look what the Prince of spin and his new heir apparant were up too!

Labour withdraws 'sick’ David Cameron poster
    Under fire for scaring pensioners about Conservative policies for the elderly, Labour has now withdrawn an election poster that showed David Cameron pushing a wheelchair.

Little Britain Labour poster featuring David Cameron and William Hague
    On the night of the televised foreign affairs debate, Labour published as the main image on its official website a photomontage of the Tory leader pushing a wheelchair in which William Hague was seen seated.
  2. I'm glad someone's mentioned an election - would never have known about it otherwise.
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

No surprise here, really although the tactlessness of the wheelchair surprises me. Someone didn't understand the connotations maybe? Pretty crass otherwise

It will only get worse as the days count down...
  4. That's pretty insensitive!

Also why are the BBC, which is supposed to be politically impartial, allowing Labour to use images from its TV Programmes?
  5. Desperate people take desperate measures and key figures within Labour could be faced with personal bankruptcy if they fail to get re-elected. One also wonders if there might not be a few skeletons to come out of the closet regarding payments to and from trade unions, known as money laundering in the real world.

6. My Bold .... this is so true because the Labour Party is virtually bankrupt and various key members on the Executive Committee , including Brown , are liable concerning repayment of the Party debt . They will now have no aim other than that of personal survival . I reckon one of the first things Brown would do if Labour are re-elected or form a coalition with the Liberals will be to introduce public funding of political parties . Now that will go down really well with the electorate .
  7. [​IMG]
    They need to get their punches in below belt if they are going to narrow the gap with the New Tories. Something like scary Death Panel Dave pushing a pensioner off a cliff.
  8. Spin and smear is all New Labour is about!!
  9. An election you say,are you sure?
  10. 'Also why are the BBC, which is supposed to be politically impartial' - ha, ha, ha, that's a good one, Balls and Mandelson are on the Beeb so often, you'd think they were employees!

The standard tactic by the BBC is to announce a new initiative by the Tories, not explain fully what it is all about, then get the appalling Balls on to rubbish it - so much for impartiality.

BTW, has anyone noticed how Balls is gradually adopting a pseudo cockney/working class accent? Quite out of keeping for the ex-public schoolboy that he is - do you think that he has been taking elocution lessons?
  11. [​IMG]

This looks like another 'home brew' poster from an enthusiastic amateur.

In Little Britain, Andy (in the wheelchair) is a bogus biff who claims to be disabled and lives off welfare while hard working Lou is shafted into pandering to Andy's every need.

If there is a better metaphor for Brown's Britain, I can't think of it.