Labour plans a British Day to aid patriotism

Do you support an establishment of a "British Day"?

• Strongly support

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's rather a good idea

• I would support but it was proposed by the Labour

• Rather no

• Stupid idea

• Strongly against

• Total voters
I am British all year round. Gordo and his ilk are too often anti-British, and it's a bit chheky for him to want to be British for one day.

Brown can Foxtrot Oscar at the high port................it's a political thing on his part.
[Unless it was called Waterloo Day or Trafalgar Day :D ]

So when we (the British public) hang our country flags, or the Union flag, outside our houses. We'll be upsetting a lot of minorities, who aren't British!!
Wasn't there a post about flags and minorities getting upset, a while ago?
Hanging a St Georges flag on St Geordes day has got a lot of complaints in the past!!!

SkiBum said:
Hanging a St Georges flag on St Georges day has got a lot of complaints in the past!!!
Exactly my point, making a whole day of it, the minorities (sic) will be in uproar! How dare we suggest to have a "Great Britain" day in Great Britain, and as to waving the flag of the country we are in, oh the audacity!

It wont happen. as good an idea it is all they will be worried about is upsetting the minorities and making themselves look racist. the government need to support the british people more and allow patriotism amongst them. they will also be worried the event will be overtaken by radical parties and others intent on using it as an excuse for promoting their views and ideals

Would be OK if it wasn't for the fact it's just a stunt to gain votes. If there was really the feeling we needed to celebrate our pride in our nations, St George's day etc. would be a lot more than it is currently.

KGB_resident said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/29/nbrit29.xml

Gordon Brown is considering creating a new "British Day" to celebrate traditional national values and the best of home-grown culture, according to Labour Party sources.
It seems to me that it is a good idea.
We've already got one - it's called Remembrance Day. There's no better example of shared values and collective effort to be found.

PAW

It is a wonderous idea - a festive day to celebrate all things British (separated fron St George, David, Patrick and Andrews' Day)

BUT

the copyright belongs to...

Ze Germans, as they celebrate it every year!

British Day

again, we are behind the times!

SparkySteve said:
It seems to me that this is what St George's day should be, but is a compromise garnered so as not to "offend" anyone.
No, St George's Day is for English people...

I am all for a "British Day" when people who couldn't give a stuff the other 364 can draw attention to themselves! However I am British all the time, Scottish all the time and have served my country to prove the point, if proof be needed. Unlike the Broons and Bliars of this world who wrap themselves in any passing flag of convenience in a bid to serve themselves. Unlike Prezza who merely serves a second-helping usually...

Sounds a good idea in theory, but will it be British values or trendy values?

Will there be an apologise for slavery march with multi-coloured children with gay rainbow t-shirts holding hands round a float celebrating duwali? If so not interested.

Cuddles said:
SparkySteve said:
It seems to me that this is what St George's day should be, but is a compromise garnered so as not to "offend" anyone.
No, St George's Day is for English people...

I am all for a "British Day" when people who couldn't give a stuff the other 364 can draw attention to themselves! However I am British all the time, Scottish all the time and have served my country to prove the point, if proof be needed. Unlike the Broons and Bliars of this world who wrap themselves in any passing flag of convenience in a bid to serve themselves. Unlike Prezza who merely serves a second-helping usually...
With you all the way on this one Cuddles. :D

And if it happens we musn't let it be hijacked by a bunch of Politicos - of whatever persuasion - for their own purposes.

Is this another Labour attempt to prove to us all how good the Union is on the back of the loss of Scotland and (nearly) Wales to Nationalist led assemblies and the failings of their multiculturalism policies? Politically driven tosh.

Considering they still won't support St George's Day as a public holiday, this idea deserves to be ridiculed.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Broon is trying to put the devolution thing back in the bottle. Too late you jock retard!

As said already - every day is British Day, unless you're not British in which case having anything that reminds you of your host country culture is offensive to yours and should therefore be stopped by the council.

Brown's just trying to gain a bit of support, very devious. Though I wouldn't say no to another day off to go and get drunk, St Georges Day needs sorting first though before we have a British Day.

Give the English a proper St. George's Day before this, seems only fair to me.

Alternatively a "Bring a Gurkha to Britain" Day, when our shores can be swamped by the kind of people we actually want to come here.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
smartascarrots said:
Give the English a proper St. George's Day before this, seems only fair to me.

Alternatively a "Bring a Gurkha to Britain" Day, when our shores can be swamped by the kind of people we actually want to come here.
Calm down son! What you are talking about here is revolutionary. Bring someone to the UK who is actually wanted? Are you out of your mind?

The next thing you'll be banging on about is Australians, South Africans, Zimbabweans and, god help us all, Canadians!

We need to keep things in perspective.