Labour plans 3% tax rise

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jagman, Sep 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. According to the Tories anyway

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/Tax-Row-Conservatives-Claim-To-Have-Exposed-Secret-Labour-Plan-To-Raise-Income-Tax/Article/200909315384788?lpos=Politics_Carousel_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15384788_Tax_Row%3A_Conservatives_Claim_To_Have_Exposed_Secret_Labour_Plan_To_Raise_Income_Tax

It seems that the governments resonse to having this brought up is to claim some kind of misleading by the Conservatives.
    Either they plan to rape us more on income tax or they don't......

Vince Cable is busily trying to play both ends, the more he opens his mouth these days the less credible he seems.

2. 3% - That's got to be at least 6 more Labour Stealth Taxes.....

3. None story. Labour will not win the election!

4. My bold above. I agree with your assessment of the 'Sage of Twickenham' and I have said so on other threads. Too much ball-room dancing mayhap?

I do find it hard to believe that a Labour government would plan raise taxes - is nothing sacred? :wink:

5. The cable Guy is only seen as some kind of "Guru" because the BBC has been bigging him up to try and increase the Liberal Democrat share of the vote in the face of Labour's meltdown.

6. And the fact that they pay him large amounts of wonger to get up early

7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Vince Cable both from personal experience and expertise, clearly knows and understands more about economics than other senior political commentators.
    He is also an intelligent, and by all accounts, thoroughly decent bloke.

But as observed, he does seem to wander off the page and spout b0llocks with an ever increasing ratio..........perhaps struggling to join the dots between Libdem policies and the current economic situation?

8. Right. So either:

1) Tories have identified a hidden Labour Agenda to raise income tax by 3p

OR

2) Tories have realised that they are going to have to raise income tax by 3p when they get in and are trying to already blame Labour

I have sadly got used to the government of the day blaming the previous government of the day for all of their woes. BUT, trying to do so before you have even got in? Absolute masterstroke. What amazes me is that the news stations are letting them get away with it.

As for Vince Cable - he seems to make sense at times. But I remember whilst he was spouting in London "let them collapse, don't shore up failing companies" etc. The local lib dem PPC was issuing leaflets saying that if he got in he would do everything to get government support for the local failing car manufacturing plant.

Shurely shome mishtake?