Labour plan to dismantle Whitehall

They've barely got time to pop to the corner shop for milk before they're ousted from power, never mind do all that.

Who's having a laugh then?

The only way you'll achieve "smarter government"is by moving the House of Commons, to oh, i dont know, Wales.

Liebour trying to outsource money and jobs to it's voting heartlands again?

Liebour trying to outsource money and jobs to it's voting heartlands again?

I hope they've told our new lords and masters in Brussels.Herr Humpty or what ever the clowns name is, and that CND harpy will starting getting very annoyed if governments go off message,and start believing they can govern.

The state employs 5,800,000 people.
The NHS alone is the worlds third largest employer with 1,300,000 employee's

We can't afford to carry on this way. A fifth of the people working in this country work directly for the state.

Moving a few of them to Tyneside or Glasgow isn't going to solve the problem is it?

jagman said:
The state employs 5,800,000 people.
The NHS alone is the worlds third largest employer with 1,300,000 employee's

We can't afford to carry on this way. A fifth of the people working in this country work directly for the state.

Moving a few of them to Tyneside or Glasgow isn't going to solve the problem is it?
20%...how many on the dole?

No worries us (spams) plan to catch up and surpass it like a moon shot

No doubt Peter Fondlebum will make himself Head of the various Departments "to save on salaries", making him Ultimate Supremo of the UK.

He's already asked for the power to make his own laws, so it's really only a matter of time before he declares himself Fuhrer or whatever the Stalinist equivalent is.

Anyone who disagrees with him will be branded as racists or fascists and sent to re-education camps in the arse-end of Scotland.

They've got to be taking the piss. I mean -

Bringing in new guidelines aimed at making it harder to set up a new quango. Ministers would have to make their case to the House of Commons. There would also be a new rule that would see any new quango disbanded within a year should it prove to have failed to perform its role.
Because it's not like New Labour to set up loads of pointless, mega expensive, useless quangos :roll:

CQMS said:
This old chestnut is trotted out so often it even appeared in Yes Minister.
Remember it well: Sir Humphrey asks Bernard if he'd like to get a promotion into the Ministry of X...

Sir H: Bernard. How would you like to be the next ‘X’ [I think it was Defence…]
B: Yes please, Sir H!
Sir H: In Middlesbrough, Bernard, In Middlesbrough...
B: Ahhh...

Classic: A quarter of a century old and STILL bang on the money!

C_P

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Labour, caring for the community as it does has announced some new pretty poor, p!sstake, poverty-stricken, pathetic policy measures that are designed to chime with the thickies in the electorate, just in time for an election.

Like Nick Clegg, they've realised that they can actually have policies like:

Labour will give free food and drugs to all 4 million burberry-bedraggled chavs in the UK.
Labour will provide free smack and prostitutes to all junkies in prison to conform to the waster's rights act.
Labour will give every man, woman, child, dog and budgie £5,000,000 each as a winter fuel allowance.

These brilliant new policies will come into effect shortly after the general election.

I think Land would look very smart in Middlesbrough or even Sunderland.

Oh! sorry those places don't have a threat to the sitting Labour MP, best move it to St Athan or Glasgow.