Labour party manifesto 2010- European Peace Corps

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by teaandmedals, Apr 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Below is an extract from the labour party manifesto for 2010 outlining some of their pledges for the next general election:

We will strengthen co-operation
    with our EU partners in
    fighting crime and international
    terrorism, and support practical
    European co-operation on
    defence, in partnership with
    . To symbolise its
    commitment to global peace
    and justice, and energise its
    young people, we propose a
    European Peace Corps.

I think I'm going to throw up- sounds suspiciously like they want both an EU army and a bunch of hippies to me!
  2. It is drivel - just ignore it. Hopefully the authors will be history shortly. Sven-Whet and ashie will be along to extol its virtues shortly. QED
  3. NL are'nt prepared to properly fund the HMF the UK already has so this mickey mouse proposal EPC is a non-starter
  4. Nothing to do with 'Hitler Youth' of course.

PS: Guess who will pay? Just add it to the £18,000,000 (eighteen million) per DAY that is our current Euro bill.
  5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

You could translate that to a simple 'load of bollocks' spinning it to try and get some votes, but with no substance. Nothing new for Labour then :oops:
  6. What sort of lunatic would be persuaded by that though?
  7. It is the final manifestation of Student Union politics from the 1970s.
  8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Theres a pair of imbeciles around here called whet (nee sven) and ashie for perfect examples of such stupidity. They'll be along shortly to re-enforce your beliefs that some people can actually remember to breathe while having the IQ of a crisp.
  9. Party manifestos are nothing more than the political 'booster' rockets designed to propel the party into the rarefied upper atmosphere of political power fuelled by the collective gullability of those who believe in them which, with their job done, they fall away as expendible items to be recovered and recycled for further use when needed the next time. As a matter of factual observance, they are not worth the paper upon which they are printed and, as the case of Begby v Attorney General proves, they are unenforceable in law.

They are little more than glossy sales brochures for dodgy products by dodgy salesmen and may be safely ignored by the electorate since what the electorate actually obtains is politcies that no party would dare place in a party manifesto since if they did, no-one would vote for it at all.

The only choice the electorate need concern itself with is which party is going to be kind enought to purchase the KY Jelly when they are royally screwed by whichever party they vote into office!
  10. Labour's New Manifesto..... :toilet:

Attached Files:

11. Hark at ARRSEs own closet intellectual :roll:

Now back to reality, which is of course is that we have our own version of the Peace Corps - the VSO.

Both VSO and Peace Corps have had their day, they are struggling to find volunteers, and so I think to set up another organisation is silly. As is Camerons idea of getting unpaid volunteers to give their time running government services.
  12. Err.... Sv.......... never mind.
  13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

See I told you.