Labour Party Conference

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by muhandis89, Oct 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Maybe someone on here can tell me if NuLiabor MP's claim Conference costs on their expenses?

2. They used to, would they do so now, I would imagine so.

3. No doubt the services of Miss Whiplash and friends will be claimed under the heading of 'Entertainment'...... I wonder what 'Rent Boys' will be charged as...... :)

Sorry Guv'nor.... all alleged of course..... :lol:

4. 'No doubt the services of Miss Whiplash and friends will be claimed under the heading of 'Entertainment'...... I wonder what 'Rent Boys' will be charged as......'

uncle_vanya I happen to live in the Peoples Democratic Republic of South Sussex - you don't happen to have an address......

5. Claiming expenses for attending Party Conferences - compulsory I would have thought. Remember, they are only doing it for our benefit, so it is right and proper that we should pay.

6. They have a QUANGO that pays Trade Unions 40 Million a year... Trade Unions fund the Labour Party.. now if I were the suspicious sort, I'd suspect that Taxpayers cash was already being paid into the coffers of our much unloved government.

7. A thread worth resurrecting in the light of the lunacy that will unfold this year.

Any predictions as to what conference will decide as policy?

8. I think it will be a lesson in studied silence and no one will stick their head above the parapet.

Apart, that is, from the trade unions. They'll be foaming at the mouth.

9. Not sure about that. They might go all Lib Dem and pass uncosted or not properly thought out policies that give a warm, fuzzy, right-on feeling that they can all then forget about because no-one would be daft to elect them. You can act all moral until you unexpectedly get into government and have to make good. It tends to go downhill from there.

10. Given their new younger demographic for support, I suspect the first thing CorbyCommy will do is announce that a future Old Labour government would scrap tuition fees. Carefully ignoring the fact that these university places will have to be paid for. But then his plans will all be paid for by taxing the evil rich (or 'workers' as we call them now).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Corbyn with un-repeal Clause Four, which was done away with by TB - Nationalisation of UK industry.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Will all those who paid three quid to vote for Jeremy now be able to go to Conference and vote on policies?

So far JC has talked a lot about forming new policies in a democratic manner. Indeed, he has ducked every big question claiming it is time to listen to the Party and public. What does he mean unless he means listening to what is proposed at Conference. We haven't seen a lively Labour Party Conference since Mandy started wielding his dark arts - this one could be a blinder!

13. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

When is it anyway? I don't want to miss the excitement!

14. 27th to the 30th of September, can't wait.

• Like Like x 1