Labour MPs rush for the lifeboats

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by royalmile, May 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From todays Spectator:

This snippet from today's Guardian tells you everything you need to know about Labour morale at the moment:

"Gordon Brown is facing an escalating crisis of confidence inside the parliamentary Labour party as record numbers of his MPs apply to sit in the House of Lords after the next general election.

In the clearest indication to date that increasing numbers of Labour figures believe the party is heading for a heavy defeat at the hands of David Cameron, the Guardian has learned that at least 52 MPs have formally approached Downing Street to be given places in the upper house.

The MPs include current chairs of select committees as well as past and serving middle and junior ranking ministers, according to Labour sources. They account for a seventh of those elected at the last election."

The clear threat for Brown is that this fin de siècle mood forces him out before the next election, on the basis that "anything is better than this". After all, Brown now has nothing to offer his colleagues. You can only bounce so many times, and you feel that the Dear Leader exhausted all his elasticity last autumn and - to a lesser degree - after the G20 summit. The prospects are much better for, say, a "Johnson bounce" - and, from the perspective of Labour MPs, that could could be enough to save a few seats.

SO Labour MPs trying to feather their own nests again - "I'm going to lose my seat next year so I will just get myself a job for life in the House of Lords"
  2. They're all flapping like tap dancers' fannies.
  3. So not content with a corrupt House of Commons they want to drag the House of Lords fiurther into the gutter than it already is.
    Do these muppets really think the public are going to stand for them all trying to cling on to the gravy train via this route? Nobody out here in voter land is going to stand for it.
    If they bump themselves up into the House of Lords and public anger will follow them where-ever they go.
    The great British public are just discovering that their opinion does count and that perhaps they can do something about the festering corruption in politics. Those MP's who think they can hide in the House of Lords are sorely mistaken. Just another atempt on their part to subvert democracy in this country, do they really think they will be allowed to get away with it?
    I have news for them, the public want thier pound of flesh over all of this, politicians can try as hard as they like but they cannot run and they cannot hide.

Remember, No Reward for Failure
  4. I would prefer to see them doing another kind of dance.
    I believe it was once called the Tyburn Jig....
  5. Will the upper house allow it, since they know there going under the magnifying glass next!
  6. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

So Gordon Mugabe's last dying act will be toaward several utterly discredited, corrupt people a lifelong Lords per diem and allowances. he is incapable/unwilling to recognise that this is wrong.
  7. Makes me sick, that stupid cnut Mcbride moaning about the stress and problems with childcare FFS she should try being a Pads wife during a deployment
  8. 'Over 50 Labour MPs might be after Peerages to be kicked upstairs...' Well if true, then these are the very type of people the Lords does not want or need.

Self seeking, self-centred, panic striken mungs who fear to take responsibility out in the 'Big Cruel World', after seing the shutters come down on the MPs 'Gravy Train'. They obviously, if successful in obtaining Peerages, have no intention of changing their greasy, wicked ways of 'Troughing It' at the Publics expense. :roll:

Whats the betting Cyclops McRuin will recomend them for Peerages just to spite the Boy Dave and the Torys when they take office as government....

Yep.... I think I should put in a claim for my moat, and Credit cards, Bar Tab at the 'Red Lion'.... and maybe some waccy bacccy from the local dealer..... :lol:
  9. Flight

Flight LE Book Reviewer

10. well as I am leaving soon I thought " I know I will become an MP!" no normally I wouldn't get a second look - bit guess what? They are very interested. Soon ARRSE may have its' own representative in the Lower House!!!
  11. Mrs Patel tells a few fibs to get her kid into a good school and is taken to court for fraud,

646 MPs do the same thing only proffing shed loads of cash and get to pay it back and all is forgiven

Where the effin justice

As it now seems that all these lieing feckers are so ill they have to leave the house of thieves how did so many sick people manage to run the country
  12. Just watched MP Morley on Sky News offering his cringing half apology for aparently not being aware that he defrauded the state of 16,000 pounds for a non existant mortgage! His main concern is the detrimental effect the whole affair has had on his family and on his health. The asian lady who is facing court for trying to do the best for her child within an apalling educational system faces a heavy fine and possibly jail. This fat labour fraud and thief ought to get his just deserts. Just what do you have to do in this country before the judicial system takes the appropriate steps within the penal system against those who deliberately break the law. The ridiculous sentences for the guardians of baby P are a perfect example. Sorry for the rant but this f*****g country is a joke. I am returning to the UK soon from Germany and I am not relishing the prospect. :evil: :evil:
  13. Can you imagine trying to pay JPA back 16000 pounds. I dont think you would mange it before the cell door closed!
  14. Cameron now says the police must be brought in, about time