Labour MP rants against foreign workers making "disappointing" bacon sandwiches

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Grubby Bum III, Apr 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Labour MP for Huddersfield has complained on Twitter that an Eastern European girl working at a restaurant in Victoria Station sold him a "disappointing" bacon sandwich.

MP accused of 'xenophobia after complaining that Polish cannot make decent bacon sandwich - Telegraph. Funny that his comments here are completely at odds with the immigration policies of the last government of which, I presume, he was a member - a pity there wasn't a preference for British workers then!

Are we now all starting to get piddled off with foreign workers making our traditional staple foods?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Lucky it wasn't Eric (I've won 100 fights) Joyce - he would have decked her...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Any pictures of the Polish lass yet? Some of them can be very fit.
  4. Yeah, bloody Poles making bacon butties. Should have got one from the local Halal shop.
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Rayc

Rayc RIP

Imagine a crypto communist complaining about cheap labour!

Overstepping their station, if I may say so, more so, since Labour Day approaches!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rayc

Rayc RIP

What is all this hullabaloo over hallal.

eat what you get.

Or take off to lands where hallal is kosher!
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Why don't you make your own sandwiches then you lazy prat? I'm sure it can be claimed back on expenses?

I wonder how many other public sector employees would be disciplined for such comments on social media.

Oops, sorry. I forgot, he's an MP.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Priorities!
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Polish Bacon is gorgeous... they do a very tasty line in smoked pork products do the poles. And if you filter out the eastern bloc shot putters the women are Ok as well.
  10. Come to think of it every bacon sarnie I've ever had in London has been a small tragedy.
  11. Yeah - there always seems to be a short period after an election where the new govt slags off the last one, and the Coalition had plenty of justification to do so. But after said short period, everyone goes quiet - the Coalition no longer slags off New Labour (not much anyway) and Labour in opposition acts as if its policies were the bees' knees and that it did nothing wrong. There's obviously some sort of code of conduct between politicos that the public doesn't know about or understand.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Used to get a lovely bacon butty from the canteen in our Berlin embassy - and she was a former Ossie (from East Germany). Nice-looking lass as well.
  13. There is no sbstitute for self-made bacon sarnies. You choose or bake your favourite bread, source the bacon from the local pork butcher and finish with the garnish of your choice. Combined with a cup of NATO Standard there is no finer repast.
    There are, though, two problems for MPs; having to pay for it and actually doing something useful.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bloody Poles - coming over here fighting for our country (admittedly 70 years ago), being a pain in the arse to the Soviet Union and eventually kickstarting the collapse of Eastern Bloc Communism, and now they can't even make a decent bacon sandwich!
    • Like Like x 2

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

"These foreigners are complete swine - unlike my sandwich".