Labour MP dies,another by-election challenge for Cyclops

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Le_addeur_noir, Dec 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sad as he was one of the good guys, this will be an early test to Gordie and a wee bit before he wanted!

2. Gutted.

There were some far more deserving cases.

3. With a majority of 4,477,Cyclops could face a stiff challenge to hold the seat.

4. He can wait up to 6 months before a by-election is necessary; therefore, no by-election will be called, no embarrassment for the Dear Leader. He'll put it in the 'Too Hard' box, for Dave to deal with in May.

5. The 'Bottler' will not hold an election here - too cowardly.

6. Two things. Brown does not have to hold a by-election so he won't. He has previous for body swerving any form of election that allows the general public to have a say.

Re the death of the MP, this is not the NAAFI, he was by all accounts a decent example of an MP and his family do not need to read or be made aware of some of the stuff published in this thread.

To put my cards on the table, I cannot wait for the Labour Omni shambles to be voted out of government and in no way support the labour party, this does not mean that I agree with mocking the dead because he is a labour politician.

7. Thread edited. As O_n_F and Helfyrr highlighted, it's not the Naafi Bar.

Thanks

PTP

8. Agree it is unlikely that Brown will risk a by-election defeat.

However it does mean that the good people of Leicestershire North West will be unrepresented for months.

Odo

9. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

I agree.

Gordon will try his damn hardest to duck this one!

"Save public money, general election due soon after blah blah bah blah bah".

10. Yes..... McBroone must be feeling the 'Winds of Time' around his nether regions.... report in the 'Daily Hate' that 5 senior Cabinet members.... StrawmanJack, Meddlesome Peter, Harriette Horemoan, Captain Darling and one or two others may be plotting to request McDoom to p*ss-off soon before the next Gen election.... :p

The more bitching withing McCycleclips cabinet... the better..... hooray...!!

11. Soon before? That's not how it works. It's suicide to change leader going into a GE. Sounds like the Hate confusing news with fanciful thinking again...

12. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

I agree V_M. Labour would be mad to pass another budget and to cram a leadership competition in before March would be suicidal.

13. Could you please post that again in a language resembling English 8O

14. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Ceaucescu thought the crowd were cheering FOR him. Gordon has also long ago crossed the line from self-belief to self-delusion.