Labour MP charged with Perverting Course of Justice

NSP

LE
It may have just dawned on her that her career progression is now moving from serving fries in McDonald's to stacking shelves in Tesco's.

Should she manage to overturn this (marginally easier than walking on water), a claim for about £1 million in compensation will no doubt be inbound.

I also wonder how long it'll take her to start writing letters to varying newspapers, etc, asking them to remove evidence of her conviction under the GDPR's Article 17 - the 'right to be forgotten'. Even though that's not the intent of the act...

Wordsmith
Hopefully such an act will lead to even more banner headlines and publication of the letters along with snortingly derisive editorials.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Hopefully such an act will lead to even more banner headlines and publication of the letters along with snortingly derisive editorials.
She won't be writing to Eye.

NSP

LE
We almost always get ruled against if we are taken to court in Nigeria
My experience of the place; you should be able to chuck the judge a quiet bung, have a precedent set and all subsequent cases [against your company] then go in your favour.

Then again, I always laugh at the Fugro anti-corruption policy and the posters on the bridge saying that they don't pay bribes, make "gifts" or anything (although we are told it's allowed if safety is compromised - i.e. the bribee wants to get a bit stabby). All well and good and idealistic right up to the point where the only way the ship's getting out of port to go and do the job is when the harbour master has had the palm of the hand he wields his official stamp on the paperwork with suitably lubricated.

I also wonder how long it'll take her to start writing letters to varying newspapers, etc, asking them to remove evidence of her conviction under the GDPR's Article 17 - the 'right to be forgotten'. Even though that's not the intent of the act...
There's no point - it's all in Hansard because of the recall petition. Name, date of conviction, sentence and number of constituents (19261 ) who recalled her. If she gets the newspapers to delete it, Hansard will come at the top of the Google results - and the chances of parliament ever allowing Hansard to be censored under Right to Be Forgotten are about as high as her accepting that she did something wrong, being returned to parliament as the Labour MP for Huntingdon and then becoming Prime Minister.¹

¹ For non-politics nerds Huntingdon has been a safe Tory seat since 1983 (when it was created [or more accurately, re-created, as it was a constituency up until 1918]), and the smallest Conservative majority since 1983 has been 10,819, which is more than the Labour candidate who replaced Onasanya mustered in the by-election resulting from the recall)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Why what's in Eye?

(Eye is a small Village West of Peterborough.)
Two nice pubs there the Blue Boar (known as the Cold Pig) and the Spade & Becket, as I recall from the mists of Cider...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It may have just dawned on her that her career progression is now moving from serving fries in McDonald's to stacking shelves in Tesco's.

Should she manage to overturn this (marginally easier than walking on water), a claim for about £1 million in compensation will no doubt be inbound.

Wordsmith
The best way for this to be 'forgotten' is for her to STFU as the majority of people couldn't care less about her.

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
Edit: Post deleted for being a mong and posting in the wrong thread.

Pop over to the ‘Tenuous Claims to Fame’ thread to see my hilarious contribution or just look at @Tool ’s post below.

Last edited:

Tool

LE
I spent a couple of weeks driving around Europe with Dave Prowse (Darth Vader or the Green Cross Code Man depending on your age) filming a documentary for his arthritis charity.

A genuinely nice guy, has loads of funny stories about filming Star Wars and A Clockwork Orange. He kept the crew entertained the whole time.

I was quite a skinny guy in those days. He offered to train me at his gym and bulk me up a bit, including free lifetime membership. He had bulked up Christopher Reeve for the Superman films and was offering me the same treatment.

I never took him up on it.

Ironically, I now have arthritis.
Was he an MP, or just a Labour voter?
*** Perchance in the wrong forum?

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
Was he an MP, or just a Labour voter?
*** Perchance in the wrong forum?
Bugger. Posted in wrong thread.

Note to self: Do not post while hungover.

Last edited:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Why what's in Eye?

(Eye is a small Village West of Peterborough.)
They've obviously moved the village since because I pass Eye East of Peterborough on my way up there.

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
You are a piss artist and I claim my £5
You may wonder why I’m hungover at 0930 on a Monday morning. Not a piss artist (well, some of the time) but working weekends means Mondays and Tuesdays are my ‘weekend’.

Same as being hungover on a Saturday morning for a normal person.

Eye is in Suffolk near Bungay, and actually nowhere near Peterborough, it is closer to Diss.

Latest Threads