Labour MP charged with Perverting Course of Justice

A fundamental principle of the common law is that votes can be declared void for substantial irregularity. The leading case is Morgan v Simpson [1975] QB 151. A candidate’s election to the Greater London Council was declared void after a mistake in stamping of ballots. Some votes were not counted. It affected the result. The Court of Appeal held an irregularity ‘which affects the result of an election is by itself enough to compel the tribunal to declare the election void’. Even if the result would not be affected, a ‘substantial departure’ from the rules, or the election being ‘conducted so badly that it was not substantially in accordance with the law’ will make a ballot void.

Vote again methinks, postal will be a problem area once again though.

A fundamental principle of the common law is that votes can be declared void for substantial irregularity. The leading case is Morgan v Simpson [1975] QB 151. A candidate’s election to the Greater London Council was declared void after a mistake in stamping of ballots. Some votes were not counted. It affected the result. The Court of Appeal held an irregularity ‘which affects the result of an election is by itself enough to compel the tribunal to declare the election void’. Even if the result would not be affected, a ‘substantial departure’ from the rules, or the election being ‘conducted so badly that it was not substantially in accordance with the law’ will make a ballot void.

Vote again methinks, postal will be a problem area once again though.

Should be no postal votes allowed, unless you can sing all 35 verses of "God Save the Queen "

I wonder how the delectable Fionna is doing? Has her ankle bracelet been removed? Has she got a job yet?
Bracelet was removed weeks ago. No mention of her in the news at all whilst she waits for her prosecution by the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal.
Festus will be out selling shoes on the loose at the end of this month having had 3 concurrent sentences of 10 months, AFAIK automatically halved. 5 months to serve from end of Jan.

Festus, I believe, is one clever dude. Selling shoes one at a time is a stroke of genius when you consider that the average number of feet on a human being is slightly less than two.

This might just be worth a read,

BANG TO RIGHTS: Proof That Labour Are LYING About The Peterborough By-Election

Also those with access to the Times and Sunday Times, detailed allegations of widespread vote buying and apperantly there were over 10,000 postal votes cast.

This by-election was as straight as a seven bob note.
While I do have doubts over the conduct of the Peterborough bye-election, I wouldn’t place any faith in the linked article.
It is barely literate, thus disqualifying it from consideration.

Any evidence that the proportion of postal votes is somehow fraudulent? Or that there was in fact a significant level of fraudulent voting going on?
Well, there's this:

"Last week police confirmed they were investigating five allegations of fraud at the by-election, including a claim that two men boasted that they had “burnt” more than 1,000 votes for Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party, which came second in the Leave-voting city . . . "

Vote-rigger’s role casts doubt over Labour win in Peterborough

Well, there's this:

"Last week police confirmed they were investigating five allegations of fraud at the by-election, including a claim that two men boasted that they had “burnt” more than 1,000 votes for Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party, which came second in the Leave-voting city . . . "

Vote-rigger’s role casts doubt over Labour win in Peterborough
If that's true and assuming the burned ballots weren't spoiled anyway then it would mean that the BP actually have their first MP.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If that's true and assuming the burned ballots weren't spoiled anyway then it would mean that the BP actually have their first MP.
Wouldn't matter if they were spoiled as burning them, if true, invalidates the election. A couple of people may have boasted about it but I doubt they will either find them or if they do that they will repeat the tale! I also doubt that Tory or Labour will be tripping over each other to give NF his first MP.

Wouldn't matter if they were spoiled as burning them, if true, invalidates the election. A couple of people may have boasted about it but I doubt they will either find them or if they do that they will repeat the tale! I also doubt that Tory or Labour will be tripping over each other to give NF his first MP.
I suspect urban myth/conspiracy theory.
Easy enough to establish if there are missing ballot papers by comparing the counted papers with the number of people who attended to vote in person or by postal ballot.
The papers have to be preserved for a good whole for just this sort of contingency.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I suspect urban myth/conspiracy theory.
Easy enough to establish if there are missing ballot papers by comparing the counted papers with the number of people who attended to vote in person or by postal ballot.
The papers have to be preserved for a good whole for just this sort of contingency.
Indeed and along with the thousands bussed in to vote, how can they if not registered? However this means that regulatory actions need to be tightened up to stop these sort of allegations.

We could go back to the good ol' days when women and working men didn't have the vote.

Oh, wait - hang on...