Labour MP charged with Perverting Course of Justice

Is she in New York, even though the backdrop would seem to indicate that?
If she is, how?
Isn't she tagged?
Doesn't US Immigration look rather askance at convicted criminals getting a visa?
Well I managed to force myself to sit through the whole of that drivel and I must say .......Im not totally convinced of her innocence . She comes across as slightly deranged .

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
I can sort out one of her points, as would even a light Google.

She complains that she was in a Category A prison. Bronzefield Prison is a Local prison which serves the courts, housing prisoners on remand (awaiting trial) and short sentence convicted inmates. It is built to house Cat A because it serves the London courts and thus needs to be able to house Cat A prisoners. Local prisons house everyone from murderers and terrorists to fine defaulters and Contempt of Court convicts.

Following the closure of HMP Holloway, Onasanya would have been sent to the closest appropriate prison. There aren't many female prisons in the country so, unless she wanted to go to a male prison, Bronzefield was the closest.

Never mind though, why let facts get in the way of good 'poor me' whinge.

"Do you think as your Member of Parliament, I would risk everything . . . for the sake points and a fine?"

Well the jury thought you did, and that's all really that matters. Just about sums up the eye-watering contempt for the law these people hold

Nice bit at the end . . .

"I may be a crooked liar, but Peterborough, I'm your hard working social justice crooked liar"

It's difficult to work out the innocent bit

She sped. Mobile data and two witnesses say that she did
She said someone else did it. That someone else wasn't in the country and said he never
She was asked several times to give a comprehensive answer but stuck by her story
She acknowledged that the signature on the penalty form was hers. Even if it wasn't, she still admitted it was
She suddenly blames her brother and it was all his doing a few days before being found guilty

I still believe she'll survive and will, be the end of the year, be back amongst her Labour bretheren.

I can sort out one of her points, as would even a light Google.

She complains that she was in a Category A prison. Bronzefield Prison is a Local prison which serves the courts, housing prisoners on remand (awaiting trial) and short sentence convicted inmates. It is built to house Cat A because it serves the London courts and thus needs to be able to house Cat A prisoners. Local prisons house everyone from murderers and terrorists to fine defaulters and Contempt of Court convicts.

Following the closure of HMP Holloway, Onasanya would have been sent to the closest appropriate prison. There aren't many female prisons in the country so, unless she wanted to go to a male prison, Bronzefield was the closest.

Never mind though, why let facts get in the way of good 'poor me' whinge.
Thank you for pointing this out

I watched it,, she contended that this was an opportunity to 'put her side of the story', and then never said a word about why she was innocent.. just that she is a wonderful voice for change in Parliament, and active MP etc, despite one of the threads of her defence being that she was overwhelmed by the role and that led to a concatenation of events that saw her convicted. I'd like to know what happened in the jury room at the first aborted trial though.

I accept that there are miscarriages of justice, but she gave no reason to suggest that this is one such example.

IIRC part of her appeal plea was being an MP and Solicitor was her only source of income, and her conviction put that in danger.
She should have stayed inside longer, then: at least her food & accommodation would have been gratis.

Hmm..

No evidence offered on "the other side of the coin.'

Sentence to cat A? No, judge doesn't set what prison type you go to, that is fine by prison service via risk and availability assements.

She is a solicitor? No wonder Barristers advise them...

Latest Threads