Labour MP charged with Perverting Course of Justice

And she voted against. Burn the bitch.

I wonder f someone's had a word with the Convict MP. She's been absent for all the votes since she voted against the deal on Tuesday.

Recall petition opens on Tuesday. The maximum of 10 stations will be available for 6 weeks.

The speed in which the required number of votes are gathered will be interesting - or do they let it go the full 6 weeks before the count?
Full 6 weeks before counting. I haven't found out how long between then and them setting up the by-election vote. It's specified that they have 10 days between the speaker telling them to crack on with the recall petition and starting it, nothing for when the by-election gets a date. Hopefully a very short period of time.

Full 6 weeks before counting. I haven't found out how long between then and them setting up the by-election vote. It's specified that they have 10 days between the speaker telling them to crack on with the recall petition and starting it, nothing for when the by-election gets a date. Hopefully a very short period of time.
If she gets binned they'll probably hold the by-election in May. May is a popular month for voting...

By-elections have to be held between 21 and 27 working days after the writ for it is issued. Issuing a writ can take anything from a day to several months after the vacancy comes about. In this instance I would hope that it will tend towards the shorter timescale.

By-elections have to be held between 21 and 27 working days after the writ for it is issued. Issuing a writ can take anything from a day to several months after the vacancy comes about. In this instance I would hope that it will tend towards the shorter timescale.
Bercow was on the ball when her appeal was booted out of court and instructed them to crack on with the recall petition the very same day :)

Can't link because I'm on a phone, but it seems the gyved one has put out a video on-line, saying she will continue to fight a) her seat, as an independent, and b) to clear her name: she is innocent and the full, unexpurgated story has not yet been told.
Sounds a tad on the deluded side to me.

Latest Threads