Labour MP charged with Perverting Course of Justice

The secrecy surrounding MPs' work ethic can lead to unintended humour. When George Galloway was accused of living at his villa in Portugal and claiming full salary and expenses while writing a biography of Che Guavera, he angrily responded that he attended Parliament every day of the year, including Christmas day. It was later pointed out to George that the Parliamentary estate was closed to everybody, including MPs, during the Christmas holiday.
George Galloway is a deceitful, grandstanding cnut? Well colour me surprised...not :)

The secrecy surrounding MPs' work ethic can lead to unintended humour. When George Galloway was accused of living at his villa in Portugal and claiming full salary and expenses while writing a biography of Che Guavera, he angrily responded that he attended Parliament every day of the year, including Christmas day. It was later pointed out to George that the Parliamentary estate was closed to everybody, including MPs, during the Christmas holiday.
Gorgeous George responds to everything angrily. Because he is a foxtrot uniform delta.

Mind you, it was still entertaining a few years back to see him running rings around the esteemed equivalents across the pond when they called upon him to give witness to a congressional hearing. You could even say he was quite indefatigable that day and no mistake.

He has good point and bad points.

And yes, the singular for good was deliberate.

Gorgeous George responds to everything angrily. Because he is a foxtrot uniform delta.

Mind you, it was still entertaining a few years back to see him running rings around the esteemed equivalents across the pond when they called upon him to give witness to a congressional hearing. You could even say he was quite indefatigable that day and no mistake.

He has good point and bad points.

And yes, the singular for good was deliberate.
I watched that. He was brilliant. The septics were not expecting his level of argument. I don’t think they asked him back?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Can we nail her to a cross then if she's so keen on the analogy?

There is no record kept of MPs' attendance at Parliament. Hence the late Sir Stuart Bell, Labour MP for Middlesborough, was able to get away with holding no constituency surgeries for 14 years and failing to attend most votes in Parliament. IIRC he was found to be living and working full time in France.

I'm having trouble understanding the words in red being used together. Can someone explain, please?.

Latest Threads