Labour MP charged with Perverting Course of Justice

She been sent down yet?
If/when she does there'll be the usual types proudly wearing their "Free Fiona Onasanya" t-shirts and she'll join the ranks of the other oppressed champions of freedom held mercilessly under the jackboot of white supremacy, or summat.

That Nelson Mandela & Steve Biko will pale into insignificance next to her.

It's not the fine that's the killer, it's the prosecution costs. If you are convicted, the CPS will go after your assets to recover the cost of prosecuting you. Chris Huhne and his wife were charged over £100k for the pleasure of being sent to prison.

Our victim of racism is looking at:-

Trial at the Old Bailey and resultant publicity
Several months in prison
Losing her home and/or bankruptcy
Losing her ultra marginal seat if 10% of constituents demand a recall
Being permanently struck off the solicitors roll
Being literally unemployable due to a conviction for dishonesty

all to save 3 points on her licence.

....... UPDATE .......

The head of solicitor registration at the Law Society has just posted this in response to queries about what will happen to Fiona's certificate to practice.

All good stuff if you ask me, any chance we can deport the lying bitch and her dodgy brother while we're at it? Preferably AFTER they've done their bird of course, unless we have a reciprocal arrangement with Black Beach Prison that is, happy to see them sewing mail-bags closer to home and all that.

Christ, with a bit of luck we might even show a modest profit of the whole exercise, if you take the long view of course.

Not with my cricket bat, not even with my cricket bat wrapped in clingfilm and Waitrose extra strong tinfoil.
And as I paid £120 for my bat I'm not putting nails through it either.
Is it me or does she share that inane and rather manic grin with Bishop Desmond Tutu?

Are they by chance related?

I think we should be told.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
No Comment, the smug fall back for those that need a couple of months to get their improbable story sorted for court.

She is claiming that she does not know who was driving her car.

Despite phone records placing her in her car at the scene, as she does not drive whilst on the phone it could not possibly have been her driving.

A flabbergastingly arrogant defence....

She is claiming that she does not know who was driving her car.

Despite phone records placing her in her car at the scene, as she does not drive whilst on the phone it could not possibly have been her driving.

A flabbergastingly arrogant defence....
Pales into insignificance against the defence offered by loyalist terrorist Michael Stone who tried to blow up Gerry and Martin in 2006. "Mad Mick" attempted to storm the Northern Ireland assembly with a replica gun and what may or may not have been a viable bomb.

Stone was tried for attempted murder of the Stormont Two. The outcome of his trial was irrelevant though as he was out on licence for mass murder having committed the Milltown cemetery massacre in 1988. His licence had already been revoked at the time of his trial. Win, lose or draw, Michael was going back to prison to serve the remainder of his 638 year sentence for blowing up half the IRA during a funeral at Miltown.

He was a man with absolutely nothing to lose.

At the trial, Michael's barrister earned his fee many times over with a display of verbal dexterity that would have made Oscar Wilde weep with envy:-

It was, in fact, a piece of performance art replicating a terrorist attack,

My instructions are that these were not viable explosive devices and were improvised from the most basic household items, including a cardboard holder for a kitchen roll, candle wax and powder from fireworks freely available in shops.

Which is a very long winded way of saying "My client is taking the pi$$, m'lud."

Michael was last heard of at the appeal court in 2013 where Her Majesty's Lord Justices of Appeal rejected Michael's latest petition for release and sentenced him to an additional 18 years in prison, which is a very long winded way of saying Who's laughing now you cun....... <MOD EDIT> OK Mariner, we get the picture.</MOD EDIT>

It just gets better.

She, qualified solocitor that she is, left the NIP letter at her mother’s address for whatever random person was driving at the time to respond to.

Not she asked who that was nor was really interested. Just knows it wasn't her.

Why? Because she was sure she was working in parliament at the time .

"Now understands" parliament was in recess on that date.

All good stuff if you ask me, any chance we can deport the lying bitch and her dodgy brother while we're at it? Preferably AFTER they've done their bird of course, unless we have a reciprocal arrangement with Black Beach Prison that is, happy to see them sewing mail-bags closer to home and all that.

Christ, with a bit of luck we might even show a modest profit of the whole exercise, if you take the long view of course.
Where do you suggest we deport her too?