Labour MP charged with Perverting Course of Justice

She'll get 4 months inside or, suspended.

She's probably written to the judge on parliamentary notepaper, and pointed out that, though she's an MP and erstwhile member of the Shadow Cabinet , she doesn't want this to influence him, but could he please take into account what a nice person she is, and is therefore fully expecting a noncustodial sentence.
That does seem to be her best hope ......Apart from being Jesus and Moses etc. :rage:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I recall something in the Peterborough Telegraph from week 1 or 2 of this month. It included a promise to fight Brexit.
In accordance with the wishes of the majority of her constituents ?

Oh, that would have taken honesty.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
She did show up in the HOP to vote against PMTM on brexit but apparently did not show up the next day when Corbyn needed a vote in a vote of no confidence in the government .
Why should she, she's not a Labour MP.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I can see that happening, though it'd conflict with sentencing in other similar judgments.
Black female MP, dishonesty...would set a precedent. I think the establishment would wish the precedent to show leniency towards that demograph.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Black female MP, dishonesty...would set a precedent. I think the establishment dishonest, black, female MPs would wish the precedent to show leniency towards that demograph.
Adjusted for accuracy.

So if she gets less than 12 months, am I to assume that all contributors to this thread will write to the AG for a sentence review? As I understand it, if enough protest is made then a review has to be undertaken?

She'll get 4 months inside or, suspended.
From the judge's pov, she's a solicitor first but also an MP. Both infer higher standards and a greater understanding of how the law works and is applied. The fact that she's openly questioned the verdict and compared herself to Jesus will have the judge chewing wasps. If she's lodged her appeal already it would have to be on a point of law and again shows contempt for the judge's procedure and his Court. He's much higher up the legal food chain than she could ever be, so it also comes across as impertinence. She's her own worst enemy (thank christ!).

One of the traits of the massively entitled is that they hardly ever consider anything they do as being wrong. The fact they're doing it must make it right.

Just in case anyone is vaguely interested there are 5 more sleeps till sentencing.

I do so hope night number 6 will be in a strange used bed for her.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
From the judge's pov, she's a solicitor first but also an MP. Both infer higher standards and a greater understanding of how the law works and is applied. The fact that she's openly questioned the verdict and compared herself to Jesus will have the judge chewing wasps. If she's lodged her appeal already it would have to be on a point of law and again shows contempt for the judge's procedure and his Court. He's much higher up the legal food chain than she could ever be, so it also comes across as impertinence. She's her own worst enemy (thank christ!).
One would hope so, but might sending an MP down affect any future honours the judge might otherwise be expected to receive ?

One would hope so, but might sending an MP down affect any future honours the judge might otherwise be expected to receive ?
Not the first MP to be sent down (think expenses scandal just as an example) and she's an independent, no party machine backing her up.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
First female MP to be sent down ?