Labour man calls Queen vermin

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by johnboyzzz, Nov 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A Labour election candidate may be sacked after calling the Queen a "parasite" and "vermin" on a website.

Peter White, who is seeking election to Havering Borough Council in east London, wrote the comments on Tory MP Andrew Rosindell's Facebook page.

Mr White said the Queen "milks this country for everything she can".

A London Labour Party spokesman said he would be "required to explain his comments". Mr White has since apologised for his comments.

Mr White is hoping to win a seat in the council's South Hornchurch ward next May.

Mr Rosindell has called for a public holiday to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in 2012, which prompted Mr White's response.

"What is the point of celebrating the Diamond Jubilee of someone who is born into a position of privilege, she is a parasite and milks this country for everything she can," Mr White wrote.

"She has more front than Margate asking for extra money from the civil list. Maybe she should sell a couple of her properties.

"Maybe if she wants Buckingham Palace to be maintained from public funds she should open it to the public."

He added: "Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with a public holiday but lets (sic) have one that means something, rather than celebrating vermin."

The London Labour Party spokesman said: "Peter White has been summoned to a meeting with key members of the local party and officers from the London Regional Labour Party."

In a statement issued via the party, Mr White said: "The way I expressed myself was totally inappropriate.

"I regret what I said and apologise unreservedly."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8363702.stm

2. Hang the cnut

3. Seconded.

4. Pretty average New Labour rodent. I expect 'ashie' will be along soon to justify this piece of excrement's statement.

5. She has more front than Margate asking for extra money from the civil list. Maybe she should sell a couple of her properties.

Obviously Mr White knows very little, she does not own the big properties they are part of Crown Estates which are a big revenue raiser for HMG and the money from Crown Estates covers the Civil List, historically it was started by George III and has been continued by all monarchs on ascension.

6. The twunt doesn't even have the guts to issue a personal apology.

Then again what do you expect from the present lot in power

7. Indeed, in fact that statement could be applied to most politicians.

8. I claim the tenner - he actually is Ashie

9. "Maybe if she wants Buckingham Palace to be maintained from public funds she should open it to the public."

Err - it's been opened to the public since 1993 - only 16 years ago.

Typical Liebour to gob off about something he obviously knows nothing about.

10. Labour candidate calls Queen parasite and vermin .

Mr Pot questions mr Kettle's ethnic origins me thinks.

11. If he wants to open publically owned property to the public, he should start with Downing streeet and No10!!

12. "The way I expressed myself was totally inappropriate. I regret what I said and apologise unreservedly."
    = I am sorry that I got caught but wouldn't change a word of the thoughts behind it. I regret what I said but not what it meant.

As I tell my six year old, if you said something, please remember you will have to stand by it at some point. If you can't bear the thought of that, then...don't say it in the first place. The people of South Hornchurch are very lucky. They have been shown exactly how far Mr White is prepared to compromise himself and his "principles" in a bid to climb the greasy pole. apologise/withdraw or you can't be a candidate is a pretty unsavoury challenge. Accepting it indicates that the lack of back-bone runs from Number 10 and down into the grass roots.

13. I'd like to say that Peter White is a pile of weasel spunk and lower that a snakes belly in a wagon rut. I won't be apologising.

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

What a throbber. If the 'Crown' would care to return Her Majesty's properties and land to her, I'm sure she'd do very well indeed and wouldn't require the civil list at all.