Labour in Real Trouble North of the Border

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/oct/30/scottish-labour-snp-general-election-poll

Jim Murphy, the clear favourite to become the next Scottish Labour leader, has accused his party of lacking passion and vision as a shock poll showed Labour faces being almost wiped out by the Scottish National party at the general election.

https://www.ipsos-mori.com/research...cant-lead-ahead-of-General-Election-vote.aspx

http://www1.politicalbetting.com/in...ver-lab-in-new-scottish-poll-from-ipsos-mori/

'Electoral Calculus has LAB down to just 4 Scots MPs if it votes at GE15 as in today's Ipsos-MORI Scotland poll.'

Labour took Scotland for granted for decades and are going to get their arses well and truly kicked. The winds of political change are blowing throughout the whole of the UK.

What's not to like?

Of course this throws up even more doubt and uncertainty for the big 2015 event. Milliband needs those seats if he is going to make the Tories pledge come true....

Go to bed with Farage wake up with Milliband.........

Just who will we be waking up with on these numbers in Scotland and the UKIP event in England...

Rainbow coalition territory?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Times Poll out in 10 minutes, will report when it arrives.

Murphy looks like a shoe in for Leader of Scottish labour though, running v Boyack and Findlay. SNP have certainly started slinging mud at him hard and fast.

Sarwar has just stepped aside this evening as Deputy Leader, pundits suggest Kezia Dugdale most likely to win that position. (Cue Deputy Dug jokes)

No more than the Parliamentary Labour Party deserve to be honest.

The have not believed in anything but getting elected for years and they have shamelessly shagged over their white working class voters while pursuing their Guardianista multi cultural agenda.

Labour's position on Europe takes the biscuit as they are essentially saying that it is a great idea to stay in an organisation whose purpose is to take money from poor people in the richer European countries and give it to the rich people in the poorer ones Quite why Labour supports this system of quasi feudal system of wealth redistribution to landowners is beyond me.

Maybe Milliband should read Michael Foot's 1983 General Election manifesto that argued for the UK to leave the then EEC. He might find a few ideas there whose time has come. At least Foot actually had political ambitions that extended beyond just getting into office.

IIRC, the same poll predicted 49 UKIP MPs and the extinction of the Parliamentary Liberal Democrat party. Looks like we're headed for a Tory/UKIP coalition. It'll make a change to see both sides arguing that they're not right wing enough.

On the plus side, we'll be out of the EU whether Dave likes it or not. The 2 billion Euros recently demanded will be paid in 1 cent coins delivered to Brussels using RAF cluster bombs. Being Gordon Brown will become a criminal offence. Fags will be down to 10 bob a packet.

Or, it could be a crap poll and we'll be in for another 5 years of Nick Clegg trying to show everybody that he doesn't make the brews at cabinet meetings.

Years ago, I saw a very young Tony Blair, and said to my missus, "That man will be the next Labour Prime Minister". That was around May 1992, after Kinnock resigned, and before John Smith was chosen as Labour leader. Jim Murphy might be the next Labour leader in Scotland, but Alex Rowley is the man to watch, and will be the next Labour FM of Scotland.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
SNP have certainly started slinging mud at him hard and fast.

They don't have to sling very hard - have you seen his expenses record?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Other interesting stuff from Poll:

How much do you trust:
Nicola Sturgeon: 48%
Gordon Brown: 37%
Jim Murphy: 24%
David Cameron: 19%
Ed Miliband: 15%

How much do you trust Ed Miliband now: (compared with Sept 17)
Total Trust: 15% (25%)
Total not Trust: 80% (67%)

Labour in Scotland results
GE 2010: 42%
YouGov May 2012: 40%
YouGov June 2014: 39%
YouGov this week: 27%

Ed's a liability

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
They don't have to sling very hard - have you seen his expenses record?

Yep, s'not good, but then he's one of the few in Labour that have come out of the indyref with any credibility, he's also got the political savvy to take on Sturgeon. Be interesting to see what happens next year.

The Yes Campaign, despite losing. have managed to maintain their narrative, while Labour has been imploding, they've allowed the SNP to beat them on their own turf, and to be quite frank that stems from their own complacency and cronyism, especially in over the last 20 years. The party needs a huge shake up.

Years ago, I saw a very young Tony Blair, and said to my missus, "That man will be the next Labour Prime Minister". That was around May 1992, after Kinnock resigned, and before John Smith was chosen as Labour leader. Jim Murphy might be the next Labour leader in Scotland, but Alex Rowley is the man to watch, and will be the next Labour FM of Scotland.

If you knew that then, why didn't you kill him on the spot?!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Other interesting stuff from Poll:

How much do you trust:
Nicola Sturgeon: 48%
Gordon Brown: 37%
Jim Murphy: 24%
David Cameron: 19%
Ed Miliband: 15%

How much do you trust Ed Miliband now: (compared with Sept 17)
Total Trust: 15% (25%)
Total not Trust: 80% (67%)

Labour in Scotland results
GE 2010: 42%
YouGov May 2012: 40%
YouGov June 2014: 39%
YouGov this week: 27%

Ed's a liability
My heart pumps purple pish for Labour! Long may Milliband remain as head of Labour (can't bring myself to call him a leader!)

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

I see he has put a few propsals down for the future, available for download here: http://www.alexrowley.org/moving-fo...r-on-the-future-of-the-scottish-labour-party/

Will have a read over the w/e.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My heart pumps purple pish for Labour! Long may Milliband remain as head of Labour (can't bring myself to call him a leader!)

Hehehe, where's JB he should laughing his arrse off at this?

Latest Threads