Labour hit rock bottom...and dig up Elvis

:x

I have no words to describe this

BBC Link

But some strategist or other must have decided the time was now or never to try something different.
We had been promised a mystery guest to out-do Gary Barlow's endorsement of the Conservatives.

A morale-booster for the activists, but with some senior Labour figures feeling the party is trapped in the ghetto of its own core vote, perhaps this type of event could have been used to appeal floating voters.

Or perhaps crooning about "a little more action" was really intended to underline the message that Labour would now up the tempo of the campaign.

l/pte_Eccles said:
Maybe they're trying to underline that they're dead and buried.
Or coming back from the dead.

I particularly noticed this line in the article:

"An actress from the BBC's 'continuing drama' Casualty sang the praises of Labour's achievements."

That wont have taken longthen, about 3 seconds! If they need to be using luvvies from trash soaps like that from our Labour Loving BBC they are really desperate.

bobthedog said:
I particularly noticed this line in the article:

"An actress from the BBC's 'continuing drama' Casualty sang the praises of Labour's achievements."

That wont have taken longthen, about 3 seconds! If they need to be using luvvies from trash soaps like that from our Labour Loving BBC they are really desperate.
Hmmmm ....................... interesting interpretation of Purdah from the BBC !!!

I WAS SPEACHLESS so awfull it was funny

Every BBC News broadcast that I have heard today starts: "Gordon Brown...."

Arrsers please don't plead: the absence on family duties of Cameron and Clegg... blah blah.

The BBC is disregarding it's charter - a charter of fairness - because it knows these 'Blair buddy appointments' and the attendant huge and undeserved salaries - funded by you and me - these days are drawing to a close. Some BBC rats are leaving the soon to be de-commissioned 'ship'.

For example take the self-satisfied, smug, inconsequential, yet omnipotent, 'arse' Damarza.

Damarza, a self important, Labour 'luvvie', knowing that he is 'above the herd', determined to clip the wings of those who 'New' Labour deemed to be subversive - Radio 4 listeners!

He dropped the melody: 'Sailing By'. This is the action of a sop-called graduate of history! He 'sacked' well loved and excellent presenters, but preserved those who were true to New Labour: Naughtie and Humprys.

He binned the 'Friday Play'. He sacked Sue Lawley from 'Desert Island Discs' and replaced her a 'right on' regionally accented 'floosie'.

In basic terms he 'dumbed down' Radio 4 in line with political directives to starve 'thinking people' of sustenance in order to develop a non-thinking vegetative clump who would never challenge the right of New Labour to govern forever!

I pray that Mr. Cameron will clear out the BBC and arbitrarily suspend the over-paid 'luvvies'' pensions.

lsquared said:
Every BBC News broadcast that I have heard today starts: "Gordon Brown...."

Arrsers please don't plead: the absence on family duties of Cameron and Clegg... blah blah.

The BBC is disregarding it's charter - a charter of fairness - because it knows these 'Blair buddy appointments' and the attendant huge and undeserved salaries - funded by you and me - these days are drawing to a close. Some BBC rats are leaving the soon to be de-commissioned 'ship'.

For example take the self-satisfied, smug, inconsequential, yet omnipotent, 'arse' Damarza.

Damarza, a self important, Labour 'luvvie', knowing that he is 'above the herd', determined to clip the wings of those who 'New' Labour deemed to be subversive - Radio 4 listeners!

He dropped the melody: 'Sailing By'. This is the action of a sop-called graduate of history! He 'sacked' well loved and excellent presenters, but preserved those who were true to New Labour: Naughtie and Humprys.

He binned the 'Friday Play'. He sacked Sue Lawley from 'Desert Island Discs' and replaced her a 'right on' regionally accented 'floosie'.

In basic terms he 'dumbed down' Radio 4 in line with political directives to starve 'thinking people' of sustenance in order to develop a non-thinking vegetative clump who would never challenge the right of New Labour to govern forever!

I pray that Mr. Cameron will clear out the BBC and arbitrarily suspend the over-paid 'luvvies'' pensions.
Yes it would be good to see it done, but, dont hold your breath

Uh-uh. The real Elvis was a dyed-in-the-wool Tory conservative. He wouldn't take any guff from the Labour party at all.

lsquared, you took the words right out of my mouth - I couldn't have put it better myself! Madame mnairb got me to turn the TV off yesterday afternoon as I was frothing at the mouth watching BBC News 24 following Gordon around like a puppy and hanging on his every word.

The bizarre thing is that the BBC has a programme on Saturday morning called Newswatch where viewers write in with complaints about their news coverage and, basically, get rubbished by assorted BBC executives. A few weeks ago, Newswatch covered 'impartiality' in the BBC and wheeled out the corporation's head of impartiality (yes, apparently, there is such an animal). Within 10 minutes on the 8 a.m. news, the Beeb was up to its old tricks announcing a new Tory policy, not explaining what it was then getting the appalling Balls on to rubbish it.

As was mentioned above, the BBC has a vested interest in keeping the status quo - after the last 13 years, they have acquired a lot more powerful enemies than powerful friends, and there are a lot of people out there wanting to settle old scores.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
bobthedog said:
Ah yes the impartial BBC who employ Labour Lackeys in their complaints department.

Its no wonder you never get a straight answer when you put a complaint of political bias towards their complaints department as I did earlier this month:

http://order-order.com/2010/04/19/labour-candidate-is-bbc-bias-complaints-judge/
I can appreciate that because this is what I received when I complained:
Dear BBC Online User

Thanks for your e-mail.

I understand that you feel that there is a bias being shown towards Labour by our organisation in the run-up to the general election.

The BBC has stringent election guidelines and our editors are obliged to follow them carefully. The guidelines state that:

"There is no area of broadcasting where the BBC's commitment to due impartiality is more closely scrutinised than in reporting election campaigns." It says that journalists must "deliver to audiences impartial and independent reporting of the campaign, giving them fair coverage and rigorous scrutiny of the policies and campaigns of all parties."

While it is not always possible or practical to reflect all the different opinions on a subject within individual programmes or reports, editors must ensure that over a reasonable period they reflect the range of significant views, opinions and trends in their subject area. The BBC does not seek to denigrate any view, nor to promote any view. It seeks rather to identify all significant views, and to test them rigorously and fairly on behalf of the audience. Audience research indicates widespread confidence in the impartiality of the BBC's reporting and it is of the utmost importance to us to maintain that confidence.

You might like to visit the following site, for information on all the parties:

No mention of, or reply to, my actual complaint. The BBC is quite blatant in the way it follows the wishes of its political masters.
There are many other channels I do not wish to watch but at least they seem to be honest, unlike the BBC.

Let us hope that, one day, the BBC will be privatised, we no longer will have to pay this disgusting tax and there will be a gleaning of those who do not really appreciate what honesty is.

ancientcenturion I agree entirely, I got the same response to my complaint about bias that occured before the announcement of the General Election. What has been allowed to happen here is scandalous. If the BBC wants to stake a claim to impartiality, the least they can do is to ensure that those who are in a position to answer queries about their favouritism towards one particular political party are beyond reproach.

They were clearly happy to employ this individual in their complaints department, undoubtedly fielding complaints about their favourable approach to Labour, and only moved the individual concerned when this broke on the web.

I am forwarding my complaint to the Electoral Commission, as an example of how the BBC refuse to be answerable to the concerns of its listeners and viewers.

For Gordon Brown:
Instead of putting on a farcical stunt like this one (many of the voters won't even remember him) try putting yer wife out on the streets like all the other chavvo whores you have helped or forced into business. There would be more impact and probably a lot more sympathy to yer sh1thouse plans.

Why oh why wasn't the ersatz Elvis singing 'Suspicious Minds'??

....We're caught in a trap..... :soldier: