Labour Government in the New Year

The Twitter-centric world of his supporters are, I suspect, in for a bit of a shock if JC leads them into the next GE.
A credible projection for 2022 is as for another hung Parliament:

Con 317
Lab 262
Lib 12
SNP 35
Green 1
DUP 10
SF 7
PC 4
Other 2

The choices are are a Tory/DUP government with 327 seats or a Lab/Lib/SNP/Green/SF/PC/Other government with 323 seats.

Con 317
Lab 262
Lib 12
SNP 35
Green 1
DUP 10
SF 7
PC 4
Other 2

The choices are are a Tory/DUP government with 327 seats or a Lab/Lib/SNP/Green/SF/PC/Other government with 323 seats.
Interesting.

Where did you get that one, may I ask?

My prediction for whats it's worth. There will be another election within the next 6-8 months; the Tories are royally fornicated and one will have to be called at some point. Labour will run on a second referendum manifesto and get voted in. Brexit gets cancelled not long after.

ugly

LE
Brexit gets cancelled not long after.
That even Labour would baulk at, the will of the people and all that. Nope there really would be unrest if they pulled that stunt!

My prediction for whats it's worth. There will be another election within the next 6-8 months; the Tories are royally fornicated and one will have to be called at some point. Labour will run on a second referendum manifesto and get voted in. Brexit gets cancelled not long after.
The Tories will hang on for as long as possible; they could even hang on until 2022. At the very least, they will want the Boundary Commission changes to take effect.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
That's not a prediction, that is a copy of your letter to Santa!

I was listening to Kier Starmer yesterday bleating on about Brexit.
I was wondering if he or Labour actually want to get into government or simply prefer sniping from the sidelines.

If he wants to be in power, and thus be in charge of the whole population of the UK then his sniping and constant critisism of anything the government do over Brexit makes him an idiot and someone who is deliberately weakening the position of the people he aims to represent.

If he doesn't want power thats equally childish as his comments over Brexit are still weakening the position of Brits so the very people in his own/labour constituencies is still being weakened.

Brexit is different to other political issues that can alter depending of which party is in power, any politician actively trying to weaken our position is just a twat. Im happy that many arent happy with it, and would have preferred us to stay but to actively scupper the UK's chances of the best deal is a whole different issue.
Of course, if the best deal for Brexit is to actually stay in, is he not then making sense?

The Tories will hang on for as long as possible; they could even hang on until 2022. At the very least, they will want the Boundary Commission changes to take effect.
Doubt that very much, what's the average for deaths of MPs during a Parliament? They could easily lose their 'qualified' majority.

You can bet a hung parliament, change of Con leadership, Ruth Davidson parachuted in. Corbyn's money tree infected by bullshot disease and Nigella Lawson caught shafting the speaker in his chair while Laura Kuensberg has a massive orgasm on TV. The best that can happen is make voting mandatory and find out what the country really thinks. :cool:

Doubt that very much, what's the average for deaths of MPs during a Parliament? They could easily lose their 'qualified' majority.
Labour are a long way behind though and you are assuming that untimely demises would favour them. Some Labour seats are highly marginal e.g. Kensington and Chelsea where Emma Dent Coad has a majority of 20...

ugly

LE
The best that can happen is make voting mandatory and find out what the country really thinks
That would then provide utterly massive amounts of spoiled ballots

ugly

LE

Con 317
Lab 262
Lib 12
SNP 35
Green 1
DUP 10
SF 7
PC 4
Other 2

These projections, if correct, won't be lost on the Tories/DUP, and may help keep them in bed together for the foreseeable future.

ugly

LE
As long as you don't draw it inside a box, then it counts as a vote
one per candidate then, I sense a niche market for offensive self inking rubber stamps.

Latest Threads