Labour Deputy Leadership - The ARRSE vote

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ABrighter2006, May 20, 2007.

?
  1. Hilary Benn

33.3%
  2. Hazel Blears

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Jon Cruddas

16.7%
  4. Peter Hain

8.3%
  5. Harriet Harman

8.3%
  6. Alan Johnson

33.3%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now that it's official that Gordon Brown will become the next PM. The next month will see the media played by those wanting to share the blame.

BBC Web page: Six in race to be Brown's deputy

With the exception of Jon Cruddas, the only backbencher nominated, all of the others are well-known to us, having "appeared in the press" in Blair's tenure. Of the five "known personalities" - I can't recall a single positive headline.

Who do ARRSE'rs think would be the right person to stand alongside Brown?

2. Can I vote "Not one of the little slim turds"?

And can any else spot the abuse the english language suffers with the title Deputy Prime Minister in relation to some of the candidates in the last few years

Defination of Prime:- adjective 1 of first importance; main. 2 of the best possible quality; excellent. 3 (of a number) divisible only by itself and one

Deputy:- a person appointed to undertake the duties of a superior in the superior’s absence. 2 a parliamentary representative in certain countries.

3. Why has John Reid not entered this race?

4. Please tell me whoever voted for Harriet Harman did so out of perverted desire for her and not a serious wish to see her as leader! 8O

5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Because all that he touches turns to dust and he will also want to stay well clear of the crowd so he can put his bid in when it all goes wrong.

I'll do it, I could do with the extra cash. Well the allowances anyway, they say the pay's rubbish :?

6. Can we do what they did in Brewsters Millions and vote for

NONE OF THE ABOVE :D