Labour demand an apology WTF

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BuggerAll, Jul 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Is it just me or is anyone else staggered by the bare faced cheek of these clowns?

Labour are demanding that the Chancellor apologise for pointing out that Balls' (and other Brown crony's) fingerprints are all over the banking crisis.

After 13 years of misrule and 2 years of doing their best to sabotage any possible recovery with not a word of apology why should anyone apologise to any of these people. The only apologise should be to us and it should be their last public act before retiring and preferably emigrating.
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

well supposedly balls asked questions about he libor in 2008 - doesn't mean he isn't guilty though.
  3. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

It's all politics.

The memory span of the average voter is pretty short. So all the sound and fury might blur the issue in a substantial number of voter's minds - thus allowing Labour to distance themselves from the shambles they created.

So its all about manipulating the electorate. Labour know they're as guilty as hell over the banking crisis - but they're never going to publicly admit it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Glad I'm not the average voter, but you took the words right out of my mouth. Mind you it could get a bit more interesting. The white lines on the commons floor are supposedly a rapiers distance apart. Couldn't we just sneak a couple in ?
  5. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

IN THIS INSTANCE Osborne made a very specific allegation that was denied under oath. IN THIS INSTANCE and for this one allegation an apology is in order.

Unfortunately No politician is big enough to apologise I would hope that the speaker will make him. Even if he does it will not sound like an apology though. There will be enough to answer for as the truth outs.
  6. Why is an apology in order? Balls was City minister when this was happening, so he was either complicit or incompetent.

I wouldn't trust anything said under oath by a politician, or indeed a bank of england deputy governor.
    • Like Like x 1

7. After the prevarication by the Dep Head of the Bank of England yesterday,and his dodgy explanation about certain emails,why?

Osborne could be closer to the truth than we realise,wait out!

As for Balls,I wouldn't believe anything he said,about what happened on his watch,along with Ed Milliband both were, 'Special Advisors to the Chancellor of the Exchequer',who at the time was....................Gordon Brown! :meditate:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I'd like an apology for spunking vast sums of my taxes up the wall on shite, lumbering me with a debt for 30 years for crap on contracts I'd never touch with Browns' and being too gutless to shaft the one eyed ******.

Will I get it ? So why should they ?
  9. This just shows how delusional and how far detached from reality Labour are.
  10. Under Parliamentary Privilege he can say what he wants unless it's rulled out of order. Surprised the Labour Toady "Make Way For The Speaker" Bercow hasn't done so already.
  11. There, fixed that for you.
  12. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

CP I quite agree but

I believe that this stament under oath will force a retraction not an apology, this was too personal to hide behind parliamentary privilege my statement above is what I personally believe should happen ... However I don’t rate many of them as people or politicians so I won’t hold my breath.
  13. 'They Don't Get It',They never will and they don't care,two fingers up to ordinary voters,but when They think they have been slighted they demand apologies left right and centre...

'They = Politicians/Bankers/Editors ( and owners)/Lawyers/Union Leaders...Money Mad,Power Hungry Twats the lot of em...
  14. Quote of the (last) week:

In reply to Balls' demands for an apology over his integity being 'inpugned' . . .

Oh, how I chuckled :)
  15. Long gone are the days when they did the honourable thing and went off to the study with a loaded gun and a bottle of single malt and locked the door behind them.