Labour and Lib Dems view of us

hadenough! said:
Jockster915 said:
So far the only major Party who are not being investigated for financial defincies shall we say.

Jockster
Er, yes they are. Their biggest donor gives his address in Switzerland (and now is residing in jail!) and was not therefore allowed to anonoymusly donate £2.5 million to the fibdems. The LDs refuse to hang the money back, saying that they recieved it in "good faith".
I stand corrected. :oops:

:clap:

So it appears all 3 major parties are all happy to receive coffers regardless of where it comes from?

Should I feign surprise?

Jockster

Do the Libdems plan on pulling the armed forces out of Iraq, Afghanistan, do the Libdems plan to provide a large real term increase in MOD funding?
When President Clinton pulls out of both theatres we'll have no choice but to follow.

Bow_Street_Runner said:
I looked up the policy pages for four parties - added the Conservatives and BNP to Labour and the LibDems:
www.labour.org.uk not surprisingly, I found no mention of Defence
www.libdems.org.uk Defence covered under: policy (then) manifesto
www.conservatives.com Defence (very brief) under: our policies (then)our security agenda
www.bnp.org.uk Defence covered under: about us (then) manifesto

Read the three that bothered to mention Defence, and compare them.
Your first post is an analysis of the main four political party's agendas. And you point of joining Arrse was WHAT exactly?

Letterwritingman said:
Chris Hume stated fairly publicly that the Police were 'fairly unique' in that they were not able to strike, there are almost 3-4 coppers to Service personnel, why then should should not such a minority group receive advantageous funding; most especially as they much like MPs have to account for every Public money spent?
With English like that from a prospective leader of the nation, then fasten your seatbelts for yet more duplicity.

Something is either unique or it is not. It cannot be “fairly” unique.

Just like pregnancy, either you are pregnant or you are not.

Well, to those who say that the Lib Dems won't have any power ever, consider what the political pundits are saying once again, that there will be a hung parliament.

Who will be the third party? Who will they go into government with?

Sven said:
Well, to those who say that the Lib Dems won't have any power ever, consider what the political pundits are saying once again, that there will be a hung parliament.

Link? And those pundits are....?

I think we are all agreed, Labour are rubbish but the thought of any form of current Lib party having any power is a scary thought.

Who will be the third party?

More likely to be the Standing-At-The-Back-Dressed-Stupidly-And-Looking-Stupid Party than the Lib Dems. Be a realist Sven. ;)

There will be a hung parliament because of the way election boundaries have been drawn and the balance of Labour power in Scotland and Wales.

The Lib Dems will of course come a poor third and will then go into a pact with New Labour. They have repeatedly said they wouldn't work with the Tories, so even if the Tories have more MPs and votes, the Lib Dems will go into coalition with Gordon.

Could there be a stronger reason not to vote Lib Dem. If you want more Labour, vote labour. If you want change vote conservative

There should be hung Parliament - 30 -40 of the feckers strung up would be a fairly good start. I am sure this forum could provide the names of suitable candidates.

Sven said:

You only have to look at Scotland to see what happens when Lib Dems do get into bed with Labour! "Nightmare on Elm Street" pales in comparison.

Sven said:

The Ulster Unionists?

:D

Jockster

ugly

LE
I've always been in favour of a hung parliament in this case suspended sentences will do

Suspended by the neck!

Sven get real every 4 or 5 years some div prattles on about a hung parliament, to be honest there is no chance, last time that we had a minority party in the hot seat was about 64 I think!

Sven said:

Well they said that in 1993 as well. Ummmm

And seeing as there isn't going to be an election until 2010, my answer is I don't believe you.

ugly said:
I've always been in favour of a hung parliament in this case suspended sentences will do

Suspended by the neck!

Sven get real every 4 or 5 years some div prattles on about a hung parliament, to be honest there is no chance, last time that we had a minority party in the hot seat was about 64 I think!
Wasn't there a lib-lab pact in the 70s which went tits up?, resulting in a General Election?

ugly

LE
The lib lab pact never got into power so to speak!