Labour about to split?

Personally I’d put Momentum further “north” than TIG. “Culturally Cosmopolitan” doesn’t begin to describe the vehemence of their anti nationalist stance.
I think the problem is that the vertical axis is trying to capture two separate things; the economic swashbuckling global free traders, and the cultural side as in how happy are you for your kids to marry a goat.

If anybody cares to attempt a 3D version good luck to them.

There is now way the current Tory party sits that far to the right on the Political spectrum (stand fast the ERG).
I see the Tories encompassing quite a range of views from; One Nation to full on Gordon Geko. I'll happily shift them but the Tory centre does tend towards the laissez faire side of things ?

I'd suggets 'blue labour' would be better called 'old Labour' and needs to be further south and I'm not sure how culturally cosmopolitan you can call any 'nationlist' party within the UK. In reality I'd argue politics is far too complex to plotted on a two dimensional sheet e.g. is New Labour's reported anti-semitism culuturally cosmopolitan.

Lets have a more accurate description of 'culturally rigid' than this please. I don't know what the methodists did to upset you but the lot up the road from me just don't fit the bill.
Maybe Britain and British Values for Britains (Britain 1945?) -v- Everyone do their own thing and screw everyone else (Anarchy?).

I see a member of the NEC wants to abolish the EHRC

I love the comments. Not sure the Tweeter expected that response!

I love the comments. Not sure the Tweeter expected that response!
I paticularly liked the one "If it [investigation by the EHRC] was good enough for the BNP, then it should be good enough for Labour."

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

They will go Left, Right, Centre and if Corbyn gets to be PM does he really think he can get a deal with the EU?
Or the EU will they play hard ball & say you had a deal take it or leave it, what make him think he can do better?

They will go Left, Right, Centre and if Corbyn gets to be PM does he really think he can get a deal with the EU?
Or the EU will they play hard ball & say you had a deal take it or leave it, what make him think he can do better?
He will call a general strike, all out brothers until the EU caves in (or more practically stops laughing behind his back)

See 1036 above, I feel the left vote will now be even more fragmented, Lab. Change UK, Limp Dems, Greens, various Nats and fringe extreme left. Yes, may attract some floating voters and Euro fanatic Tories, but as the GE's seem to be settled by a few key marginals and a few hundred votes another split of the pack of cards could make a difference.

He will call a general strike, all out brothers until the EU caves in (or more practically stops laughing behind his back)
I honestly think at the next election Labour & the Tories could lose a lot of seats perhaps 10-20% each.
They will go to other parties and independents, then the blame game will start and careers over then!
I can see no party will have a majority next time without selling out to the DUP, SNP or Independents.
The Liberals might gain from this though as some party has too surely.

Latest Threads